Buying from oxid oXchange

Dear Sirs,

we tried to buy one module from the eXchange but could not complete the payment process.

http://www.oxid-esales.com/en/exchange/extensions/google-sitemap-generator?tab=get-extension&term=2231

After login and clicking on a buy button there is a billing address form (with incomplete country list!), but does not show any payment methods and “Checkout Abschliessen” button (german on english page) doesnt work either.

please let me know how to complete the checkout.

best regards
Tibor

Hi Tibor,

please try setting the country to Germany. Also, please take care you fill all mandatory fields.
We know about this behaviour and will fix it hopefully soon.

Regards

Hi Marco,

thanks for your advice.

I managed to fill in everything on the oxid exchange checkout page and got paypal payment option. After logging in to paypal there is following message: “PayPal does not allow your country of residence to deliver to the country you wish to”

Unfortunately the message is not comprehensible or makes any sense. I tried to ask Paypal support but they are saying your system is at fault (typical excuse) and that my primary currency settings dont match up (not that this would have been an issue til now).

Does your system send the selected country of residence to paypal for a comparison?

Usually I can pay to any merchant if I have sufficient funds in my paypal account, does my balance need to be the same currency as yours? ( i tried that too but it doesnt work)

Here a few hickups from paypal support:
"Having read your email, I understand that you are having some issue with
currency setting despite changing your primary currency. " (yes despite!)

"Upon reviewing your account I can see that you have Thai Baht as your
primary currency, I think you have to select your primary currency in
order to complete this transaction. " (its selected already but that doesnt matter)

Hello Tibor,

I’m not pretty sure about the reason for this behaviour but I forwarded it to our tech support. Hope they can fix it or get in touch with PayPal ASAP. Trying to find a solution for you guys in the mean time.

Regards and thanks for your patience.

Hi Marco,

thanks for your great support.

Here is more feedback from Paypal:

>From the error that you have been receiving, it shows that this merchant
is not accepting international payments. Please note that sellers have
the ability to change or edit their payment receiving preference and we
do not have any control over this. I recommend that you contact the
seller and verify if they accept international payment or purchase the
item from a different vendor.

regards
Tibor

Sharing the joy & pain of oxidation and electrons … Purchase Mastering Cone 6 Glazes by John Hesselberth & Ron Roy, Glazes Cone