Sidebar on both sides of the startpage!

Hi I´m really new to templating in oxid.
I use the azure template right now and it has a sidebar on the right, but I want it on the left as well.

I´m also wondering how to get rid of the trusted shops module I commented it out in the sidebar.tpl but it still shows upp, and thats the only one…

Should I change something in this for another sidebar?

[{capture append=“oxidBlock_pageBody”}]
<div id=“page” class=“pageLayout[{if $sidebar}] sidebar[{$sidebar}][{/if}]”>
[{include file=“layout/header.tpl”}]
[{if $oView->getClassName() ne “start” && !$blHideBreadcrumb}]
<div id=“breadCrumb”>[{ include file=“widget/breadcrumb.tpl”}]</div>
[{/if}]
[{if $sidebar}]
<div id=“sidebar”>
[{include file=“layout/sidebar.tpl”}]
</div>
[{/if}]
<div id=“content”>
[{include file=“message/errors.tpl”}]
[{foreach from=$oxidBlock_content item="_block"}]
[{$_block}]
[{/foreach}]
</div>
[{include file=“layout/footer.tpl”}]
</div>
[{include file=“widget/facebook/init.tpl”}]
[{oxifcontent ident=“oxdeliveryinfo” object=“oCont”}]
<div id=“incVatMessage”>*: <span class=“deliveryInfo”>[{ oxmultilang ident=“WIDGET_PRODUCT_PRODUCT_PLUSSHIPPING” }]<a href="[{ $oCont->getLink() }]" rel=“nofollow”>[{ oxmultilang ident=“WIDGET_PRODUCT_PRODUCT_PLUSSHIPPING2” }]</a></span></div>
[{/oxifcontent }]
[{/capture}]
[{include file=“layout/base.tpl”}]

Hi,
generally it is up to you how you design your shop. You are not bounded to the Azure Template and can write your own.
But to answer your question shortly: Yes, this could be one possible place to insert a second sidebar. But without knowledge in HTML and CSS it will be a bit difficult to get a clean layout.

So good luck

regards

Rafael

Hello!

for a second sidebar you need to create a new template for this second sidebar (lets name it sidebar2) and inser the include command to the source code, so you will get something like this:

[{capture append="oxidBlock_pageBody"}]
<div id="page" class="pageLayout[{if $sidebar}] sidebar[{$sidebar}][{/if}]">
[{include file="layout/header.tpl"}]
[{if $oView->getClassName() ne "start" && !$blHideBreadcrumb}]
<div id="breadCrumb">[{ include file="widget/breadcrumb.tpl"}]</div>
[{/if}]
[{if $sidebar}]
<div id="sidebar">
[{include file="layout/sidebar.tpl"}]
</div>
[{/if}]
<div id="content">
[{include file="message/errors.tpl"}]
[{foreach from=$oxidBlock_content item="_block"}]
[{$_block}]
[{/foreach}]
</div>
[{if $sidebar2}]
<div id="sidebar2">
[{include file="layout/sidebar2.tpl"}]
</div>
[{/if}]
[{include file="layout/footer.tpl"}]
</div>
[{include file="widget/facebook/init.tpl"}]
[{oxifcontent ident="oxdeliveryinfo" object="oCont"}]
<div id="incVatMessage">*: <span class="deliveryInfo">[{ oxmultilang ident="WIDGET_PRODUCT_PRODUCT_PLUSSHIPPING" }]<a href="[{ $oCont->getLink() }]" rel="nofollow">[{ oxmultilang ident="WIDGET_PRODUCT_PRODUCT_PLUSSHIPPING2" }]</a></span></div>
[{/oxifcontent }]
[{/capture}]
[{include file="layout/base.tpl"}]

it depends on your css style, where to place this code, so niw create the sidebar2.tpl, where you can place what ever you want. e.g. the categories navigation or a login box or newsletter subscription.
but as Mr. Dabrowski already said, it is hard do create a clean layout without some html and css knowledges

Thanks a lot for your answers.

The left sidebar will only inlcude the store logo so there will be no need for a good design.

I figured there was something like you showed me, right now though the sidebar on the frontpage is on the right and on other pages its on the left, how do I change so that it stays on the same side all the time?

The best for me would be to make it so that the right one the frontpage will be on the left all the time and the new will be on the left.

I still need to get rid of the Trusted shops module as well, how do I do that?

Thanks,

I have another question.

I want to add a page that is linked from the top menu, where I can add help-videos and so on.

What do I have to do to do that?

Thanks,

create a new CMS-page and select “Upper Menu” on the left side of the text-field

I have managed to move the sidebar on the start page to the left side as I wanted it.

I have copied the sidebar.tpl and created a sidebar1.tpl, Inserted the code

[{if $sidebar1}]
<div id=“sidebar1”>
[{include file=“layout/sidebar1.tpl”}]
</div>
[{/if}]

But now I need to make the sidebar show on the start page, how is that done?

Do I change this line?

[{include file=“layout/page.tpl” sidebar=“Left”}]

Thanks,

well, thats where the story becomes difficult.
If you need this sidebar only on one place (start page) you can your if-condition with this one (which means, that this template will be included only on the start page)

[{if $oView->getClassName()=='start' }]
<div id="sidebar1">
[{include file="layout/sidebar1.tpl"}]
</div>
[{/if }]

But there is also another way to do this:
you can create a cms page and load it instead of including a template. So you can much more easily access it’s contents and change it from backend. You just could wrap the contents of this “Sidebar” with a Div-Container and place it where ever you want using CSS

[QUOTE=Stellanhaglund;62392][…]

The left sidebar will only inlcude the store logo so there will be no need for a good design.
[…][/QUOTE]

And where do you think will the space for the sidebar will come from?

just including a sidebar before a fixed width layout will push the layout out of its borders.

Example:
[center:800px] [right: 200px] = 1000px normal width for an static page

Now yours:
[left:200px][center:800px][right: 200px] = 1200 px to lagre vor 1024x768

So you have to adjust the width of center to 600px.
But by doing that you may crash some content of center which needs 800px to display eg. Image Banner. So any change, as small as possible in the eye of a non prefessional, may have more behind it to think about. Be beware of this.

kind regards

rafael