Domestic Shipping Only

Hi

I am going to use one standard shipping charge for all orders and am only shipping to one country. i.e. Domestic orders only.

Can I get the shipping charge to show in the cart before the customer proceeds to checkout stage or logs in and provides their address.

Related question for Billing and Shipping address fields. How can I make the Country field default to the only country in the list?

Thanks

Sean

Shipping charge is shown in cart by default - and if you just want to deliver into one country and serve only customers in one country, just delete all other countries in the backend.

Ok

I have ticked “Calculate default Shipping costs when User is not logged in yet” in CoreSettings->Settings->Other Settings and now Shipping cost is showing in Cart.
The amount shown is €0.00.
Where can I assign a default cost?

Re deleting all other countries in the database…that caused a fault in the backend and I had to reload the database…
Have deleted all countries except IRL and USA and all works fine…Delete USA and get the following error in Admin Products… (Same when about 30 countries and delete USA causes same fault…)
“Not Found
The requested URL /admin/offline.html was not found on this server.”

Sean

Default cost is the shipping method with id “oxidstandard” (hover over the shipping method to see the id in the url). Additionally no users or usergroups should be assigned to this shipping method and to its associated rules.

Ok Thanks

I was overwriting the default with my own rules. Have restored the default shipping method and now the Shipping cost is showing in the Cart.

However the customer still cannot checkout without selecting a country.

Just solved this by replacing Countries with Irish Counties.

Sean