OXID eShop Version 4.5.1 released

Hi everybody,

today, Tuesday August 9th 2011, we released OXID eShop v4.5.1. in addition to many bug fixes, this version contains implementations of previously-discussed concepts like image and language handling as well as enhancements to existing features. Please read more about this version in this blog post:
http://www.oxid-esales.com/en/news/blog/oxid-eshop-version-451-will-be-released-on-tuesday

Please also take a look at the detailed information in the release notes on OXIDforge:

Regards

nice!
i just upgraded via cli and upgradeApp, on the local machine everything worked fine.

on my test server i got tons of:
Warning: array_merge() [function.array-merge]: Argument #2 is not an array in /www/htdocs/…/test/core/oxlang.php on line 688

Warning: array_merge() [function.array-merge]: Argument #2 is not an array in /www/htdocs/…/test/core/oxlang.php on line 709

even after an complete reinstall.

any ideas?

Did you upload the install pack in binary-mode?

heyho.

i’m having the same problems as ivoba. it definitely depends on the oxlang.php file. i replaced the new oxlang.php version 4.5.1 file by the older 4.5.0 file and the tons of error messages were gone. maybe there’s something wrong in the “array_merge” or some oxmultilang idents?

@mods/admins: please have a look at the following thread for german oxid users
http://www.oxid-esales.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10779

glob returns false on: out/de/
cant tell why, rights and owners are sufficient, afaics
you could of course assert the type first before pass the glob result to array_merge

maybe thats something, but rather unlikely:
"If you have open_basedir set in php.ini to limit which files php can execute, glob(…) will return false when there are no matching files. If open_basedir is not set, the very same code will return an empty array in the same situation.

This is unfortunate as a seemingly innocuous change causes different functionality that breaks code like:"
from the comments: http://www.php.net/manual/en/function.glob.php

the version hint, as seen in the thread mentioned above, seems no reason
doesnt work with: 5.2.12-nmm2
works with: PHP Version 5.3.3-1ubuntu9.5

Hi,

Could you pleas tell:

1. from which version you updated: 4.4.8 or 4.5.0?
  2. your shop was setup as International or Germany region?
  3. What languages were active in shop before update?
  4. Which language was default? Do you know the ID of this language (0 or 1, or…)?
  5. Maybe there is some other details, why the case can be specific?

We will double check and try to reproduce the same warnings as you got.

Best regards,
Dainius Bigelis

[QUOTE=dainius.bigelis;64793]Hi,

1. from which version you updated: 4.4.8 or 4.5.0?

2. your shop was setup as International or Germany region?

3. What languages were active in shop before update?

4. Which language was default? Do you know the ID of this language (0 or 1, or…)?

5. Maybe there is some other details, why the case can be specific?
    [/QUOTE]

6. 4.5.0

7. Germany

8. German

9. German (de)

10. open_basedir has “no value”, safe_mode off

i also did a clean install with same results

hey ivoba, hey guys,

at my server, i finally fixed the problem. the php-version of my server caused the errors… i manually forced the server to use php 5.3.1 by adding “AddHandler php53-cgi .php” to the .htaccess in the root folder. in my case that works fine.

hope you’re getting your problems solved.
best regards and good luck!
dylan

hey
yes this did the trick
fortunatly this was possible on my server

thanks

We checked this case in details and looks like there is a problem in one of the php glob functions.

The issue may occur on some certain file systems and affects not only updates but a vanilla installation as well. The occurred warnings will crash language constants gathering work and texts will be not shown in the frontend.

We made a workaround for that by implementing additional check for returned values. Here is the file for CE 4.5.1 version with fix (see attached). Could you please replace this file in your system and check if it works fine (would be perfect, if you would test it on different php versions, if possible)?

Fix is in file oxlang.php, from core/ dir.

Best regards,
Dainius Bigelis

Thanks Dainius - great (and quick) service!

yes seems to work on both versions of mine

thanks a lot

Wonderful. Thanks for checking it!

works fine on both php 5.3.1 and 5.2.12
=> http://www.oxid-esales.com/forum/showthread.php?p=64880#post64880

new oxlang.php seems to be working (new installation on dev-system)

Control Panel: Parallels Plesk 10.3.1
PHP: PHP 5.2.6-1+lenny13 with Suhosin-Patch 0.9.6.2 (cli)

Hello

I’m trying to upgrade from 4.5.0 to 4.5.1 . The update instructions says “Copy all files from copy_this to the main directory of your eShop”.
Folder copy_this contains subfolders admin, core out, views.

Does this mean to overwrite existing folders (admin, core out, views) and files in 4.5.0 with new ones?

Thanks
Marko

yep - right, please overwrite your old files with this new ones

But be careful, you should have made a backup before changing anything! Please backup as well your Database.

Hi!

I can confirm that the new oxlang.php fixed the problem on my vanilla OXID 4.5.1 installation (PHP 5.3.2 on Ubuntu 10.04, as described in this thread: http://www.oxid-esales.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10904).

Hi

Upgrade from 4.5.0 to 4.5.1 worked fairly well for me on local machine.
I am having a problem with one thing at the moment.
The RRP or oldPrice for all products is not displaying. Any idea what could be causing this?

Thanks
Sean

Hi Sean,

“not displaying” in admin or in frontend?

Regards