Prestashop hacked

Anybody hear about the Prestashop hack that infected several shop? If so, wondering if anybody has any thoughts on this with regards to OXID? That is, could anything useful be learned from this and applied to OXID security? Or was the issue particular to prestashop?

Can see this if you want details:

I think infection was somehow sourced from the main prestashop server being hacked then spread to shops, but not exactly sure.

Hi,

don’t think this could happen. As far as I understood it, Presta lost some customer data including passwords etc. This is really bad…

Regards

I’m a PrestaShop Community Manager, so I just wanted to stop by and give you a little additional information about what we were dealing with.

We identified the hack and managed to close the loophole and create safeguards to prevent it from happening again within 24 hours of the first report. We’ve implemented many new safeguards on our servers to prevent this from happening again, and more importantly, if it ever does happen to us, it will have no way of accessing any member stores.

So far, we’ve had no reports of customer data being stolen, but we do encourage anyone who suspects that they have had their data stolen to file a report with their local police station, and ask everyone to change their passwords just as a security measure.

If you have any more questions, you can find me on the forums.

-Mike Kranzler

Hi Mike,

thanks for your statement. Hope to see you at ecommerce Paris, are you going?

Regards