Coding standards

Hello,

any idea where can I find official OXID “Coding standards” please?

I think I’ve seen something like that somewhere in wiki before, but I can’t find it again now… maybe I just need another coffee :rolleyes:

Thanks.

Hello Dominik

actually, there is nothing written available like a tutorial or wiki style.
For your interest: we implemented an automatic code sniffer which runs on our development SVN and checks if somebody violated the conventions.

Regards

Hey,

thanks for the info, I’ll check and analyze core code.

I’m just working on some modules, no big deal, but I’d like to conform to the official coding standards (rules) anyway.

:slight_smile:

Hi,

I see. This might be probably interesting for you:
http://wiki.oxidforge.org/Certification/Modules

Which kind of modules will that be, very client specific? Which license? Do you want to upload them to OXID eXchange?

Regards

Hey

[QUOTE=Marco Steinhaeuser;35968]
This might be probably interesting for you:
http://wiki.oxidforge.org/Certification/Modules
[/QUOTE]

thanks again for info.

Which kind of modules will that be, very client specific?
[/QUOTE]

All of them are very “country specific” :slight_smile: I’m working on several interfaces for banking systems in Slovakia (online payment modules etc.) and some feed generators to connect OXID to e-shop portals in Slovakia.

Which license?
[/QUOTE]

All my work is GPLed.

Do you want to upload them to OXID eXchange?
[/QUOTE]

I’m not sure about OXID eXchange, maybe later… but I’d like to use OXID Projects for sure :cool:

but I’d like to use OXID Projects for sure

Perfect! Fits :slight_smile:

Hi,

where can I download the CodeSniffers’ Oxid Standard files? I only found them in the file structure of the downloadable vm but nowhere else. The search took a lot of time and still I don’t know if the files included in the vm are up to date.

If people - especially creator of modules - are encouraged to stick to the Oxid coding standard, there should be easy access to it.

Hi,

[QUOTE=DSB;50271]
If people - especially creator of modules - are encouraged to stick to the Oxid coding standard, there should be easy access to it.[/QUOTE]

You’re right. Will care about that.

Regards

Hi Marco,

[QUOTE=Marco Steinhaeuser;50307]Will care about that.[/QUOTE]
When will this be available?
It’s just a download link. It shouldn’t be too hard to upload a zip-file containing the sniffs. :wink:

Imho, a better way to keep the sniffs up to date and make them accessable for the public would be to place them in a directory in the repository. This would grant easy access to all people that are interested in them. On the other hand people not using CodeSniffer-Standards are not disturbed this way.

Can I find this sniffs by now? I´m installing our CI Server and want to integrate automatic codesniffs.

Hi udel,

[QUOTE=udel;107968]Can I find this sniffs by now? I´m installing our CI Server and want to integrate automatic codesniffs.[/QUOTE]

They intentionally haven’t been published.

Regards

Hi Marco,

may I ask for what reason you decided not to publish them? We thought it might be reasonable when we write our own modules with OXID coding standards so that the whole code is consistent.

Since OXID eShop now is available on GitHub and hopes for user commits, I want to bring up that topic again.
Users need to follow the coding standard if they want to contribute. Where can an interested contributor find the coding guidelines?

Edit:
I just found:

Code quality:
We are still working on providing OXID specific code guidlines and tutorials to you. Until this, we propose to refer to Manual - Documentation - Zend Framework

Nevertheless it would be nice to get access to a Code Sniffer Standard file that covers this.

referring to the readme file on github, these are the main guidelines:

http://framework.zend.com/manual/1.12/en/coding-standard.coding-style.html

specific ones for will OXID will be published soon

edit: oh, you found them already :slight_smile:

Daniel, you shall find the code sniffer files in the library folder on GitHub. I’m pretty sure it contains the config file.

Cheers

Yes. Here it is: https://github.com/kermie/oxideshop_ce/tree/b-dev-ce/library/Sniffer
And it only took 2,5 years to publish this. :wink: