Google Analytic code

Without wanting to have a full blown Google Analytic Module, were would be the appropirate place to add those few lines of code in?

Rico

Hi Rico,

depends… just beeing eager to have the accesses: Simply copy the JS to your header-Template. For using the eCommerce-funcionality you have to adopt the thankyou.tpl.

Cheers
Marco

Thanks. Just the basic - don’t need the whole ecommerce tracking stuff.

Rico

Hi Rico,

the preferred way to integrate the Google Analytics Code is writing a smarty plugin which then is called in each template file. You can have a closer look at the oxid tracker in file <shop-root>/core/smarty/plugins/insert.oxid_tracker.php for getting some ideas.

Maybe I will contribute such a module to the community in the future - but this depends on my upcoming projects :wink:

Regards
joshua

Thanks Josh. Kind of was expecting something like this. It’s probably not a priority right now while everybody is going to play around rather than taking a shop live, but I’m sure a lot of people will be screaming for it ;-).

Rico

Hi @ll,you should also have a look on econda web analyticsFor our OXID eShop customers we provide a free, non-binding 14-day trialYou are very welcome to test the econda web analytics solutions!

Kind regards,Christian

econda GmbH - Web Shop Controlling & Web Analytics

[QUOTE=joshua;380]Hi Rico,

the preferred way to integrate the Google Analytics Code is writing a smarty plugin which then is called in each template file. You can have a closer look at the oxid tracker in file <shop-root>/core/smarty/plugins/insert.oxid_tracker.php for getting some ideas.

Maybe I will contribute such a module to the community in the future - but this depends on my upcoming projects :wink:

Regards
joshua[/QUOTE]

Hi Josh,
I´m interested to make a try from your suggestion as mentioned …

How can I put “Google Analytics” Code inside of “insert.oxid_tracker.php”>

Any help are welcome …

Thanks in advance …

Best Regards,
Slike