Weight Dependent Shipping costs

Good morning,

I have spent the last few days setting up the Oxid eshop and have “relatively” easily set up everything the way i want. However I have spent many frustrating hours setting up the shipping rules (it all makes sense the way i see it and i have followed the example in the manual down to the letter)

http://www.oxid-esales.com/en/resources/help-faq/eshop-manual/weight-dependent-shipping-costs

I would like to set up shipping rates as per the UPS table we have.

Ie Germany 0kg to 3.99kg 5.70euro
Germany 4kg to 6.99kg 6.80 etc

I have also added the weights to each product.
All this is clear and understandable. But i seem to be missing something?

After activating all the shipping cost rules under a Shipping method i can’t seem to get the rules to work! It always stays on the lowest shipping rate (in this case Germany 1kg to 3.999kg 5.70 euro) regardless of the weight in the cart. As per example I have set “once per cart” on the calculation rules but still nothing. I think this could be seem in different ways: the way i see it it only calculates using the weight rule whaich i want but somehow it is not accepting the rule structure. (1 being 0 to 3.99kg 2 being 4 to 6.99kg etc)

Like i said i am probally missing something simple but dont know what it is! It just seems it won’t consider the next rule!

If i order over 4 kg (lets say 9 x (same) sweater @ 500 grams each = 4.5kg) it still says shipping cost 5.70 euro?

What am i doing wrong?

Any help would make my day a lot less stressfull

Shop is online at www.cypres.cc/shop to check it out.

Hi Ladies & Gentlemen,

Well it looks like i posed a bit of a riddle?
I am not one to sit around and do nothing until a answer presents itself so i think i may have found one myself.

Everything makes sense (ish)

I have all my clothing products set with variants (different sizes) i have added one other item a few days ago without any variants. The same shipping rules (weight per cart) function perfectly. My question now is:

Can the fact that i have all other items set with Variants be the cause of the weight per cart not functioning (not adding the weight of each item)? If this is the answer where/ how can i make the changes needed to fix the problem?

Regards
Rob

Did you add the weight to each variant?

Hi Frank,

I can feel you have the answer :slight_smile:

I have just looked and guess what … You are totally right.

No weight in the Variant! (didn’t know their was a box for that until right this second) and would like to add that the manual was maybe not as clear as it could have been. (99% me 1% the manual) lol

Thank you very much Frank… you have just made me a very happy man!