Some config options not accessible

Is there no way to use the back-end to disable unwanted widgets/features like Trusted Shops and Shoplupe in CE releases? As far as I can tell, if I don’t want these to show in, say, the sidebar, I must manually remove them from the template as well as any other template that uses them.

I see there are config parameters associated with these features but they only appear to be accessible from some type of dyn/dynamic view in the back-end. I think these views are only accessible to PE releases. Do CE versions have no way to access these config options or am I missing something?

There is no difference in between CE and PE versions in functionality, except of the already included Editor in PE.

Beginning with 4.5.0 the “Themes” came on board. Therefore the options are now at two places. One is the Master Settings -> Core Settings, and Theme-specific settings are located Master Settings -> Themes -> (Theme) -> Settings.

Check here for more information about the Theme-management and the options:

I can find an example of a config option I’m after in the online demo (http://demoshop.oxid-esales.com/professional-edition/admin). For example, to remove the ratings widget from the start sidebar the admin demo shows an eCommerce Services section in the navigator menu, under which Customer Ratings > Trusted Shops can be selected, followed by selecting the Interface tab, and there we have the “Display Rating Widget in eShop frontend” checkbox.

I don’t have any of this “eCommerce Services” menu in my CE version. Is there a way to activate it?

The part of “eCommerce Services” ist just a promotion for the eFire widgets and not responsible for displaying the box which you want to remove.

This box just can be removed by hand directly in the templates.
The same thing for “Shoplupe”.

All other boxes/widgets should be configurable in the backend.

The features are ok. But they need some more enhancements so make it much better.