4.5.4 no images after installation (demo data)

Directly after a fresh 4.5.4 installation the demo images are not shown. Also the “Wakeboards” promoBox is missing.

Access rights and the system health status seem to be okay. The FTP transfer was done in binary mode without any errors. An older Version of the shop worked correctly on the same server.

Any suggestions for solving this problem would be great, thank you!

Can you provide the link to this installation?

Did you double-check if all folders / files have been uploaded?
Did you check a picture URL with right-click and checked the shown path?
Have you changed any preferences in backend?

Thanks for your reply,

Here is the link to the fresh 4.5.4_39463 installation. The picture links look like this http://you4computer.at/out/pictures/generated/product/1/380_340_75/nopic.jpg

Only these nopic.jpg images are shown. No installation errors, no access right errors, no changes in the backend and no server structure changes. I even tried different installations like no UTF-8 or no additional localized data, set the permissions all to chmod 777, build completely new databases … nothing helped me. Filezilla shows me 57.547 Bytes on the server (incl. the .tmp dir) vs. 57.501 Bytes at the locally and unzipped installation directory.

Maybe I will try to install an older version just to have a look if these problems still exist there.

->> I checked the out/pictures/ directory and found out that there is some missing data! Although I have not the slightest clue why this happened but it is a fact that FileZilla has not transferred all data to the server. Even complete folders were missing … So I copied the original pictures directory to overwrite the old one and now it seems that everything is fine …

Thank you for your help.

->> I reinstalled the 4.5.4_39463, did the FTP file transfer folder by folder just to be sure that no data is getting lost, no problems with setup and the “install demo data” option, but when I click the link to my shop the pictures are still missing! So I check the permission rights, everything okay. I check the /out/pictures/generated folder and its the same as already described above: several folders are missing after the setup procedure … so in my opinion setup is deleting already transfered files? When you copy this missing files manually, after the setup, all pictures are shown …

Although it is working with the manual installation, I am worried that maybe also other important data is deleted by the Setup. Can someone approve this behaviour?