Facebook Connect/Login

I’ve enabled several of the Facebook features under a 4.5.3 shop but don’t understand the point of the Facebook Connect (login) option. An old wiki article (http://wiki.oxidforge.org/Features/Facebook) says the following:

“Facebook Connect has been tightly integrated with the authentication system of OXID eShop. It provides the ability to optionally link a Facebook account to an existing OXID eShop account.”

What tight integration is this talking about? When I use the Facebook login/logout option, it only appears affect whether or not I’m logged into my Facebook account. I don’t see any options to relate it or link it to my eShop client account. Do I need to configure something in admin?

Hello spurvis,

I don’t think you have to configure something. The FB login just checks whether or not you are logged in, right. Additionally, if you want to register, already some information are taken over into the registration like your name etc… Don’t know what happens if you already have an account and additionally login with FB - maybe there’s some criteria to identify you and merge the account…

Regards