Oxid demoshop messed up

Hey,

http://demoshop.oxid-esales.com/community-edition/ try that in IE and FF. huge difference. Why is it so messed up?

…that´s a question for Bill Gates!

Bill didnt make the demoshop… some code doesnt act the same way in different browser - why not make the tweeks/fixes it needs, for it to look the same

There are already a lot of fixes and special treatments for friggin IE-Users!

Maybe you could describe which errors you mean and of course which IE-Version is not able to display the page correct. I havent started an IE-Browser this year yet and that should stay the same…

"<removed my url> <- As you can see, it wont “show” all the links in IE. how can i fix this"
Please delete my other threat, if reply

Do you mean the missing text in the information-section of the footer?
You probably have deleted the text that is normally displayed there.
Not really a browser specific mistake.
Add some link titles in the CMS-Area of the Admin-area. Thats it.

IE: http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/401/iebug.png/

Same problem - other part of the Shop.
Missing category description for the english-language.

thanks :slight_smile: not sure why it would pick english, since danish was the default language. deActivated english, since im not going to be using that yet. in IE the Danish flag is missing? since im only having danish language, i might aswell just hide it?
How do i remove hjem/home button?
When a link is active, its Orange. Where do i change this? i was thinking, #navigation a {, but i dont see it there

[QUOTE=gnomic;72461]thanks :slight_smile: not sure why it would pick english, since danish was the default language. deActivated english, since im not going to be using that yet. in IE the Danish flag is missing? since im only having danish language, i might aswell just hide it?
How do i remove hjem/home button?
When a link is active, its Orange. Where do i change this? i was thinking, #navigation a {, but i dont see it there[/QUOTE]

well you obviosly work with the azur theme, that one is kind of tricky and filled up with kind of useless features. not to mention that it is by far more complictated than the basic theme.

when dealing with ie. you must also adapt always the relevant ie7 and ie8 css files. for the menu you also will have to look into the suckerfish.css

btw, your navigation background ist only 139 px wide, might cause trouble, when having longer titles. if you would just use a border instead you would get somehow the same effect

look as well into the superfish.css there you as well find even extra ie settings and on line 160 the reason why your background moves to the left. but lazy as the developer must have been, you will also have sf-menu settings [B]in the oxid.css, line 395 defines the orange gradient :-D[/B]

thanks a lot. Im not that good at all this, so it will take a long time to finish this.
yes the picture is 139px and i have to set the width of 110 to make it fit… i think 139px should do it for me, but how do i make a 5px space between the links?
The menu-bg1.png is having round corners. can i make round corners/borders with code?

edit: Looks like round corners can be done with code, “Fortunately, IE9 will have some CSS3 support, but until then we’ll have to use a border-radius hack in all IEs.”. if anyone knows the code that works for all the commen browser. if no reply, then ill look into it later, thanks

[QUOTE=gnomic;72464]thanks a lot. Im not that good at all this, so it will take a long time to finish this.
yes the picture is 139px and i have to set the width of 110 to make it fit… i think 139px should do it for me, but how do i make a 5px space between the links?
The menu-bg1.png is having round corners. can i make round corners/borders with code?

edit: Looks like round corners can be done with code, “Fortunately, IE9 will have some CSS3 support, but until then we’ll have to use a border-radius hack in all IEs.”. if anyone knows the code that works for all the commen browser. if no reply, then ill look into it later, thanks[/QUOTE]

They already have a script for certain issues with IE in azur/scr/js/libs/
if you want to find out, what it does look at http://selectivizr.com/
there are some tools adding rounded corners to ie7 / ie8
http://code.google.com/p/curved-corner/ BUT be aware this will lead into some bugs, if keeping the gradients us well. but without it it will work fine for your purposes an stoneage internet users.
for the rest some parts of the azur already have set rounded corners. for your tab navgation that will work anyway, try this -with adjustments on your tabs

border-top-left-radius:15px;
border-top-right-radius:15px;

moz-border-radius-topleft:15px;
moz-border-radius-topright:15px;

webkit-border-top-left-radius:15px;
webkit-border-top-right-radius:15px;

line 395:
/*
background: #ec6105 url("…/bg/svg/grad_orange.svg");
background: -moz-linear-gradient(#ff8604, #ec6105);
background: -ms-linear-gradient(#ff8604, #ec6105);
background: -webkit-gradient(linear, left top, left bottom, from(#ff8604), to(#ec6105));
background: -webkit-linear-gradient(#ff8604, #ec6105);
background: -o-linear-gradient(#ff8604, #ec6105);
background: linear-gradient(#ff8604, #ec6105);
*/
background:red;

btw its weird they have the pie css file in oxid for round corners etc. but they are still not round in IE… i was going to use that one or border-radius.htc, but i dont want rounded corners in the bottom, which i cant figure out, if it can do. css pie should be the best of them.

[B]It works in FF, but IE still shows the orange color… damn its difficult :-)[/B]