Force_sid

What is the logic behind force_sid?

From where is it set?

In my project it is appended only first time in my top categorie’s url, i want to remove that is there any way to remove it?

It is set from oxsession, if you remove it you lose support for clients with cookies disabled, and you may get trouble when using SSL. It is set only once because next time the shop knows that you accept cookies and uses cookies instead.

Thanks leofonic,

But i dont want to display that in my category url even its first time. so for that can we do anything?
can we set it on cookie check for cookie accept…?

Normally force_sid is appended only on session start, eg if you put something on the comparelist, not just by clicking on category. If you want to change this behaviour, look in core/oxsession.php. For example, you could try to redirect to the clean url if a cookie is detected.

Sorry but I didn’t get you clearly, can you please be more specific as where should i checked cookies and apply for clean url,
also if i will overwrite oxsession then which function is there which is appended force_sid and in which function i can set cookie to not append force_sid.