Translating the database part

Hello,

I am following Vikram Vaswani’s guide and translating OXID to my language. Translating the language files and most of the table (using the title_1 etc method) seems quite understandable.

But what I am confused about is how to handle the VIEW’s. Should I touch those at all? And why there are many versions, for example the oxv_oxactions table: It has fields for multiple languages, but then there are those language spesific oxv_oxactions_de and oxv_oxactions_en tables that seem identical, only not including those TITLE_2 type of fileds.

I’d be very grateful for any explanation on how to translate the database VIEW’s!

After translating a few tables, the views kind of explained them selves, they are views to the same tables I just translated :slight_smile:

The question still remains, what to do with the oxv_xxxxx_en|de type of views, should I create one for my language too? And how?

You do not need to translate them as well, as the views are created automatically.
Have a look at Backend -> Service -> Tools, there is a button “refresh VIEWS” (or similar).

Hello yrjom,

as we use flat table model here as well, the languages used to be limited by MySQL when the table became too long (too many languages). This behaviour was fixed making use of views.

Sorry, I couldn’t resist looking up your IP address :slight_smile: You’re translating into Finnish, right? Are you interested to see your translation as a community contribution? At the moment, we collect them still on OXIDprojects but we will move to translate.oxidforge.org in a while.

Thanks and regards!

[QUOTE=Hebsacker;80145]You do not need to translate them as well, as the views are created automatically.
Have a look at Backend -> Service -> Tools, there is a button “refresh VIEWS” (or similar).[/QUOTE]

Thanks, I did that, but I am still unsure if I ought to have tables like oxv_xxxxx_fi in my Finnish language system?

[QUOTE=Marco Steinhaeuser;80167]Hello yrjom,

as we use flat table model here as well, the languages used to be limited by MySQL when the table became too long (too many languages). This behaviour was fixed making use of views.

Sorry, I couldn’t resist looking up your IP address :slight_smile: You’re translating into Finnish, right? Are you interested to see your translation as a community contribution? At the moment, we collect them still on OXIDprojects but we will move to translate.oxidforge.org in a while.

Thanks and regards![/QUOTE]

Yes, into Finnish! Thanks for the links (the latter I could not reach, it requires password). Sure, I will consider sharing my translation work, when ready.

See also the reply above, I am still confused if I need oxv_xxxxx_fi tables…
Or are those _de and _en tables just obsolite and not actually needed?

EDIT: All issues resolved for me, I just had too many oxid setups in my local development systems. Ray, your advice worked perfectly – the tool actually created all specific views for my language too, those oxv_xxxx_fi files, that is.

Thank you both!

greetings,
Yrjö

Great!

Eager to see the Finnish files then!

[QUOTE=yrjom;80188]the latter I could not reach, it requires password[/QUOTE]

No wonder - as we still work on implementation into our development process.
If you are interested - we are about to switch to oTranCe. You can find more information as well as a demo about this system on the website for this language maintenance and translation center.

Regards

Well, I finnished (kinda awesome word play, innit? :D)

Imported the lang files for the present beta version 4.6.0 for EN, FR and DE as well as the older community translations from projects.oxidforge.org into the new i18n tool on translate.oxidforge.org.

If you can help with translations into your language please send your translated language files to me. Once I imported them, I can also give you access to this tool for fine tuning and maintenance.

Cheers