Entry in admin panel/core settings/ module is necessary

Hi,
I want to ask that if it is necessary to do the entry in adminpanel->Master Settings->Core Settings->System->Modules ?

I am developing a module related to some product export. I have entered the following entry there

oxarticle => froomerce_fconnect/froomerce_fconnect

Where froomerce_fconnect is directory name in modules directory and froomerce_fconnect is my class.
I have observed that when I do this entry, the options related to product section (Product Listing, Export Products) at admin panel stops to work. They just show blank page. I know that this is due to my module. But When I remove the above line, the above mentioned options starts to work. My module also work even if I don’t do entry there.
Now I want to ask is it necessary to put the above line there. If yes then what is wrong there in my line what is the correct way. Because I have followed the toturials provided by wiki.

Regards,
Awais Qarni

OO Solved. This was due to the wrong entry. I was doing entry like

oxarticle=>froomerce_fconnect/froomerce_fconnect

which is wrong.
I have written this because I saw the oxid module that was related to articles. On left side the oxarticle means it will find the oxarticle class in admin folder. So here put your own class name. I changed to above to

froomerce_fconnect=>froomerce_fconnect/froomerce_fconnect

Due to above wrong entry my product listing and product export section went to off. This answer if for others who face the same problem