Language module

Dear Friends,

I translated the lang.php file and I create a new folder in out\basic. The new folder (ro) contain land.php that I modified it from English. I modified “$sLangName = “Romana”; and
$iLangNr = 2;” After that I logged in as admin an I added to "languages>create new language. But, when I go to the shop, on the laguage bar appear, near the flag of Germany and UK written romana. When I click on this appear only a blank page. I am really new and I can not solve this. Could somebody help me?

Thank a lot!:confused:

Hi,

maybe you forgot to register the new language to the admin area?

Regards

It is absolutellt possible - but where I could do it?

Hi,

see the screen shot attached.

Regards

On the Amin area I moved on Langauge, create new language and added Romanaian. Registering the new language is different?

Thanks

Dear Marco,
I did this - the problem is that after I add Romanian, when I acces the link for the shop, appear a blank page. If I remove the language everything is Ok.

Regards,
Florin

This is the link with the language attached:
http://fpreda.webhosting-4all.info/

No. This is what I ment with registering. Sorry, I just got the point.
If a blank page appears it’s not easy to debug. Maybe you could switch on the display_errors in your server config or have a look at the error log file.
I guess, there went something wrong in your lang file: Maybe a forgotten semicolon or whatever (the error log might show in which line).
Don’t forget to clear the /tmp/-folder after your changes.
BTW: Could you upload the translated file to the eXchange application for other users?
http://www.oxid-esales.com/en/exchange

Thanks!

Oh and just another idea:
Maybe you use special characters in Romanian that you have to enter into the transliteration table in Master settings --> SEO.

E.g., in German there is an “ä” (Umlaut) that has to be rewritten to “ae” in the URL.

When uploading the lang package, could you pls. add that transliteration table?

Hello all, I have successfully installed Oxid on my localhost. Everything works except product page in the admin which is showing"[I]offline.html was not found on this server[/I].". Am i missing something?
Thanks

Hi,

you say the admin area itself is working but the product management? That sounds strange and looks like there is missing a file or something went wrong while copying or unzipping …
Could you try to start the installation from scratch again please?

[QUOTE=fpreda;10011]Dear Friends,

I translated the lang.php file and I create a new folder in out\basic. The new folder (ro) contain land.php that I modified it from English. I modified “$sLangName = “Romana”; and
$iLangNr = 2;” After that I logged in as admin an I added to "languages>create new language. But, when I go to the shop, on the laguage bar appear, near the flag of Germany and UK written romana. When I click on this appear only a blank page. I am really new and I can not solve this. Could somebody help me?

Thank a lot!:confused:[/QUOTE]

Hello, nice job with the shop. :slight_smile: Can you share your work? I would appreciate a lot, and besides there is no point doing the same job over and over and maybe I can help improve it (if necessary).

Thank you!

Can you share your work?

I would appreciate that as well. The best place doing that is probably the eXchange application.

Did you see the extensive description by Vikram to that topic btw?
http://www.oxidforge.org/wiki/Tutorials/Translating_The_OXID_eShop_GUI

[QUOTE=Marco Steinhäuser;10056]Oh and just another idea:
Maybe you use special characters in Romanian that you have to enter into the transliteration table in Master settings --> SEO.

E.g., in German there is an “ä” (Umlaut) that has to be rewritten to “ae” in the URL.

When uploading the lang package, could you pls. add that transliteration table?[/QUOTE]

Dear Marco
I have just translated the lang.ph file to swedish language. Where exactly do I make changes in the Master settings for special charachters?

Hello Palmer,

Swedish is interesting enough :slight_smile: Do you want to share your work as well and make it available for to the public? :wink:

What I mean with “transliteration tables” is a pretty simple thing at the end of the day:
For rewriting the URLs in case you have an “Umlaut” you ought to enter the special character to master settings -> core settings -> SEO -> Replaceable chars in SEO urls.

Cheers

Hey Palmer,

we would be very interested to get Swedish Translation for a shop in Finnland. We did the finish “finnish” translation allready. Swedish is second official language and it would be nice to surprise him :slight_smile:

If you have more questions on the localisations e.g. howto make the setup localization etc. just follow up.
Please let me know if it is ready :slight_smile:

Regards
Markus (from St. Petersburg)

[QUOTE=Markus Mueller;12915]Hey Palmer,

we would be very interested to get Swedish Translation for a shop in Finnland. We did the finish “finnish” translation allready. Swedish is second official language and it would be nice to surprise him :slight_smile:

If you have more questions on the localisations e.g. howto make the setup localization etc. just follow up.
Please let me know if it is ready :slight_smile:

Regards
Markus (from St. Petersburg)[/QUOTE]

Hi Marcus
If you could help me getting my shop up and going, I would gladly hand over the Swedish translation. At the moment I am having a problem with the lang.php file, I which I knew what’s wrong. look at www.theflyshop.se.
When clicking the swedish flag everything goes white.
How can I contact you outside the community?

cheers
Rene Palmer

Hi Rene,

When clicking the swedish flag everything goes white.

Obviously, the entries for your categories (probably other stuff as well) have not been translated in the admin area yet. Entering the articles, categories etc, you shall find a drop down menu where you can copy your entries from EN/DE to SE. Once that is done, you can switch to swedish in the top right corner and translate your stuff.

If you could help me getting my shop up and going, I would gladly hand over the Swedish translation.

Alright, do we get the SE lang file uploaded to the eXchange application for public use now? :slight_smile:

Cheers and greetings from your hometown, L.E. :wink:

[QUOTE=Marco Steinhäuser;12973]Hi Rene,

Obviously, the entries for your categories (probably other stuff as well) have not been translated in the admin area yet. Entering the articles, categories etc, you shall find a drop down menu where you can copy your entries from EN/DE to SE. Once that is done, you can switch to swedish in the top right corner and translate your stuff.

Alright, do we get the SE lang file uploaded to the eXchange application for public use now? :slight_smile:

Cheers and greetings from your hometown, L.E. ;)[/QUOTE]

Hi Marco
From my hometown??

I suddenly get a strange error on the admin-login page:

ERROR: Translation GENERAL_USER not found.
ERROR: Translation GENERAL_PASSWORD not found.
ERROR: Translation LOGIN_LANGUAGE not found.
ERROR: Translation LOGIN_PROFIL not found.

I have changed the “Standartsprache” to Swedish, is that why this happens?

Where do I upload the file to? Are there other language files to download?

cheers
René

PS. My hometown was Leipzig, now it is Malmö!

Hi René,

My hometown was Leipzig

I know that. We already talked to each other at the telephone. And I live in Leipzig right now :wink:

I have changed the “Standartsprache” to Swedish, is that why this happens?

Yes, probably. You might want to define a language set for the admin panel as well. If you are familiar with another language (like German I guess) just copy /out/admin/de to /out/admin/se. Doing so, the error message will disappear.

Where do I upload the file to? Are there other language files to download?

Best place is the eXchange application probably:
http://www.oxid-esales.com/en/exchange
You will find an “Add new extension”-Button in the down right corner. Probably you have to add a new account as a “uploader”. Sorry for this inconvenience… And unfortunately, there are no other free language packs yet. Hope you will be the cutting-edge guide.

Did you find Vikrams tutorial btw:
http://www.oxidforge.org/wiki/Tutorials/Translating_The_OXID_eShop_GUI

Cheers