Layout - test_ prefix

Hi everyone,

I am also new with OXID. I use version 4.1.3_19918, and I adapted the layout of my shop starting from the test shop installation. Now I have overall in the sourcecode of my shop the test_ prefix. (example: <a id="[B]test_[/B]BoxLeft). Is there any nice way to remove the test_ prefix in all the files?

Thanks in advance,
L.

Hello ligiana,

i got this test prefix too, but i don’t really know a way to remove it, expect of removing it by myself.

Perhaps Oxid will Change this in the next Release?

Greetings from Germany

Hi Marcel,

thanks. so this means actually to go through all the .tpl files and manually remove the prefix.
I’ll wait a bit more, maybe someone comes up with an alternative solution.

Greetings from Germany too,
L.

There is a German Forum too.
Perhaps you like to open a Thread there too.

hi,

oxid uses test prefix for selenium automated tests:
http://seleniumhq.org/
i use notepad++ to kill “test” in all templates, with serch and replace

greeting
magnus

Hi again,

thanks. Posted it into the german forum too.

Cheers,
L.

Hi L.,

you wont get a list of all templates and places where the test_ prefix is used.
Hint: Search for “test_” over the template folder using an editor like Crimson :wink:

Regards

Hi Marco,

thanks. So search and replace with the help of the an editor :slight_smile: is the only way to go. I’ll do so then.

Cheers,
L.

Hi,

> 524 occurrences have been found.

For your next update, make sure you backed up your system, put your templates to an own folder and do not overwrite the files again :wink:

Good luck!

BTW: Why it is so important to get of the "test_"s?

Hi Marco,

thanks for the advice.

Well, I thought the test_ came in because I built my shop starting from the demo shop that comes with the OXID installation. And I didn’t feel too good to build a live-shop with test_ inside. Plus I thought it would make a difference for engines like Google - but for this point I was wrong.

Thanks again to all of you that replied,
L.

I tried what u have said in this Thread. It works. :slight_smile:

I used Ultraedit and the funktion “Ersetzen in Dateien”. That changed my complete tpl folder including the subdirs.
Only in the details.tpl I had to undo the changes for the “Zoom” code in line 40. After the change, the zoom Button was behinde the left navigation of my shop and i have no idea why. So i restored the line 40 back to " <a id=“test_zoom”… " and it works fine again. I still have no idea why that happend or why it works again now.

I will keep my fingers away from that now.

CYA
Firefax