Best Practice Mail Template Development

Hi,
i was wondering if there is any smart way to develop and edit email templates without triggering an order each time. I was thinking of something like a custom controller to access via browser to edit and analyse the output more easily.
Has anyone ever done something like that? I just stuck in the core code where the email is generated and am not able to recreate that behaviour in my own controller.

//german
Hallo,
hat irgendwer eine kluge Methode entdeckt, um auf einfache Art und Weise die Email-Templates anzupassen, ohne jedes mal eine Bestellung auslösen zu müssen? Ich hatte an etwas wie einen eigenen Controller gedacht, der die Erstellung der Bestellbestätigung im Browser emuliert, so dass schneller analysiert und gewartet werden kann. Ich komme im Core-Code einfach nicht weiter und kann die E-Mailerstellung einfach nicht in meinem Controller adaptieren.

Thanks, Bastian

// english
there is almost no sense in testing e-mail templates in browser, since the email clients will display them in a completely different way.
But there is a module, that allows you to keep the basket/order after finishing the checkout so you can reload the last checkout step and trigger sending email without starting new checkout every time

// german
please stick to english language in international forum (or post in german forum, cause there are more people)