Picture Variants

Hello,
How can I use a picture already uploaded on the server.
So I have a shirt, Let’s say Color Red, all variations of sizes S, M, L, XL, XXL, use the same picture, But in admin panel, on picture variants i have only the option to upload picture from my PC,How can i use a picture already uploaded on the server ,so I do not have to upload the same picture again, for every variants.

Sorry For My Bad English.

Hi,

maybe this tutorial is interesting for you although I must admit that I am not sure if it is still up-to-date:

Good luck!

it seems that you can not use a photo you have already uploaded, you have to upload the picture for each variants, unfortunately for one product with Size: S - White; M - White, L - White, XL - White, XXL- White instead of using only one uploaded pictures i will need to upload the same picture 5 times.
For 500 Products with Size: S,M,L,XL,XXL and color White i will have 2500 Uploaded pictures.
For 500 products with Size: S,M,L,XL,XXL, color white and black for each size i will have 5000 uploaded picture instead of 1000
For 500 products with Size: S,M,L,XL,XXL and 10 colors per size, i will need to upload 25000 pictures instead of 5000 ( and 20000 are duplicated pictures )
Excellent shopping cart software, but this thing scares me :frowning: and i must stick to what i use currently because i don’t have this issue.
I apologize for the grammar,
Have a good day!
PS: Tanks Marco for your answer.

Can’t believe that to be honest although I still in a lack of checking it out personally. AFAIK it depends on the folder structure you use with FTP uploads, doesn’t it.

Cheers

at the moment it is not possible to “re-use” already existing pictures: