osCommerce import module osc2oxid.php: imported images to large

After running the script, most of the images are to large, like filling half the screen, overlapping other elements a.s.o. Is this a general problem? Or is that specific to an import from osCommerce?

Is there a way to scale them accordingly, by some setting or an extension?

Hi,

uploading your images via the admin panel of the OXID shop will scale the pictures into the size you entered in options, they will not be scaled simply uploading them via FTP.

Best is to have all pictures already resized before you upload them. One of the best tools for Windows I know for a batch resize of complete folders is probably IrfanView. :wink:

Regards

[QUOTE=Marco Steinhäuser;11822]Hi,

uploading your images via the admin panel of the OXID shop will scale the pictures into the size you entered in options, they will not be scaled simply uploading them via FTP.

Best is to have all pictures already resized before you upload them. One of the best tools for Windows I know for a batch resize of complete folders is probably IrfanView. :wink:

Regards[/QUOTE]
Especially (but not only) for those migrating from osc and xtc, the OXID way of handling images is definitely not viable.

As already mentioned several times, OXID [B]must [/B]also provide an automatic image scaling, just like osc and xtc is offering its users.

The need to manually adjust image sizes yourself is not adequate,

Hi,

as far as I remember, OSC by default has no scaling mechanism at all, you need to install a contrib, right?

What OXID does right now is to scale the image while uploading it via the admin area. That might be a problem if you import your pictures. Am I right saying that OSC based shops scale their images via front page output? I remember it worked like this:
Upload your picture any size, the first to visit the website resized the picture and a copy of the image was stored to a different file name. If this file name is existent, it is shown from now on instead of the original picture.
Can I enter it like this to our feature request list?

Regards

[QUOTE=Marco Steinhäuser;11839]Hi,

as far as I remember, OSC by default has no scaling mechanism at all, you need to install a contrib, right?

What OXID does right now is to scale the image while uploading it via the admin area. That might be a problem if you import your pictures. Am I right saying that OSC based shops scale their images via front page output? I remember it worked like this:
Upload your picture any size, the first to visit the website resized the picture and a copy of the image was stored to a different file name. If this file name is existent, it is shown from now on instead of the original picture.
Can I enter it like this to our feature request list?

Regards[/QUOTE]
I am not too sure about osc, but xtc has this feature included.

It also includes an image batch processing, with which all images can reprocessed, when image parameters are changed.(size, watermark, borders et. al.).

My proposal for the functinality can be found under http://www.oxid-esales.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1535#post8916

A batch processing function as in xtc also would be highly desirable, to allow easier changes for image parameters.