Language Help?

Hi, I’m having a problem with changing the default language, which seems to be German, to English. Is there some quick way to change this?

which problems? what r u doing exactly. which error messages. behaviour… etc…

Hi all

I have similar problem. In admin interface I added new language (added new language file in both basic and admin folder as well). But after removing German Language, setting the new language as defualt and clicking on new language image it will not work and shows following error.

url is: http://localhost/test/home/

Redirect Loop
Firefox has detected that the server is redirecting the request for this address in a way that will never complete.
The browser has stopped trying to retrieve the requested item. The site is redirecting the request in a way that will never complete.
* Have you disabled or blocked cookies required by this site?
* NOTE: If accepting the site’s cookies does not resolve the problem, it is likely a server configuration issue and not your computer.

But english url http://localhost/test/en/home/ works fine.

PS: The web runs on locally on WampServer Version 2.0

Hello Ulzii,

DE is pre-installed as the default language with the ID 0. If you delete DE, the next language (EN) shall switch to the ID 0. Did you do it like this?

Regards

Marco Steinhäuser
Community Guide
OXID eSales AG

Yes I did it in the admin->core settings->language. Shall I change it also in language file out\basic\en\lang.php?

There is an input field for setting the default language:

Master Settings -> Core Settings -> Settings -> Language -> Default Language.

Just enter “1” there. 0 is for German, 1 for English.

Best regards

Thanks for the reply. I figured out how to change the language. But once you delete German language, somethings starts go wrong. New added language (translated) shows other language text and defualt language shows in German and so on. The problen better described here http://www.oxid-esales.com/en/resources/forum/installation-and-configuration/handling-language-backend-reference-data

Is there any news about changing default language problem? In my case once change the defualt languge or delete german language it wil not work normally. My install WinXp SP3, wamp server 2.0 with PHP 5.2.8, MySQL 5.1.30, Apache 2.2.11.

Hi Ulzii,

… it wil not work normally …

Could you specify that? Is that to be seen anywhere?

Regards

Marco Steinhäuser
Community Guide
OXID eSales AG

Hi Marco

As I said earlier once you remove Deutsch language from Master Settings->Core Settings->Settings->Language the web works not properly. Clicking on language or home button (even some links) will show errors. Earlier it was

Redirect Loop
Firefox has detected that the server is redirecting the request for this address in a way that will never complete.
The browser has stopped trying to retrieve the requested item. The site is redirecting the request in a way that will never complete.
* Have you disabled or blocked cookies required by this site?
* NOTE: If accepting the site’s cookies does not resolve the problem, it is likely a server configuration issue and not your computer.

I just made fresh install. Added new language (translated). Removed Deutsch. This time error is every text stiil in Deutsch, and when click on language button or other links it says Page not found .

I’m using OXID_CE_4.0.0.2_14967 on wamp.

Anyway I’ll install it on real server and give you the link.