Version check API down/broken?

hi,

when accessing e.g. http://admin.oxid-esales.com/CE/onlinecheck.php?getlatestversion

There’s a 500 server error with no useful output returned. I had a script which posted to onlinecheck.php via curl (like oxid also does) and until last week or the week before that I got the latest oxid community version back. Now there’s just a 500 server error.

I searched the forums and web but didn’t find anything related to that. Did something change recently regarding the API?

Hi,

no API changes, just a simple typo. I fixed it and all is back and running again. Whatever you’re doing with this script… :slight_smile:

Thanks for the hint anyways!

thx!

Nothing nasty :slight_smile: It’s just built into our interface to check the latest versions of different blog / cms / ecommerce software. It’s running once per week via cronjob or if people click on it, which is not very often :wink:

hi,

I’m getting a “404 Not Found” now. Is this just temporary or has the script been moved?

Hi,

been moved apparently #argh. We definitely need a fixed URL for this kind of downloads, will work on it with the new OXIDforge concept.

Cheers

[QUOTE=Marco Steinhaeuser;152677]
been moved apparently #argh. We definitely need a fixed URL for this kind of downloads, will work on it with the new OXIDforge concept.[/QUOTE]
This url is used in Shopadmin for “Check for available updates regularly” in all versions, which doesn’t work anymore now, so maybe this should be treated seperately.