OXID eShop versions 4.8.3 and 5.1.3 published

Dear all,

OXID eShop versions 4.8.3 and 5.1.3 were recently published. Please note that the patch before (4.8.2 and 5.1.2) has been recalled. So please find all relevant information about these patch releases on these pages:

Regards!

[QUOTE=Marco Steinhaeuser;139116]Dear all,

OXID eShop versions 4.8.3 and 5.1.3 were recently published. Please note that the patch before (4.8.2 and 5.1.2) has been recalled. So please find all relevant information about these patch releases on these pages:

Regards![/QUOTE]
Hi Marco and Happy New Year

My eshop has been working well for several years now with the help of great mentors like yourself and other members. My Canadian friend helped me no end with the PayPal add-in but I still have a few small issues I would appreciate comment on:

I currently am using Community Edition 4.6.4_49061 and I am loathe to uprgrade because it might upset my revisions that were hard coded in. Example: where ever the program mentions VAT, my shop reads GST. The same with the Euro symbol, my shop only shows $.
There is also the PayPal module that was modified for our use.

Will upgrading to 4.8.3 cause problems in this regard?

Hi @NHWS,

usually for changes in the templates, the template override system shall be used (make a child template), for functional changes a module shall be written to keep the possibility of updating one’s system. Otherwise, those changes ought to be documented very clearly.

Maybe oxchkversion maybe a good first point for checking your system. With a bit of luck you’ll find the places changed and can merge them into the updated system.

Best!

Had same problem but the solution is easy.
The update delete the information about the payment signs.

Go to -> Main settings -> Core settings -> Additonal settings

On the third field (under the counts of guestbook posts each customers per day) its empty. Set the following lines into:

EUR@ 1.00@ ,@ .@ €@ 2
GBP@ 0.8565@ .@ @ £@ 2
CHF@ 1.4326@ ,@ .@ <small>CHF</small>@ 2
USD@ 1.2994@ .@ @ $@ 2

save. and now you should have the signs. If you need more you can add this.

The update delete the information about the payment signs.

And this happens under which circumstances? I’ve just managed two updates from 4.7.x to 4.8.3 and all payment signs stayed alive. I can remember that this problem occured some time ago but I am quite sure it has nothing to do with 4.8.x. or am I wrong?

i’m getting now told 4.8.4 is available - is there a whats new anywhere ?

…oh thats too short

[QUOTE=caladan;140431]http://wiki.oxidforge.org/Downloads/4.8.4_5.1.4[/QUOTE]

da wars noch net soweit. :slight_smile:

i’m just curious, but why is the whole changed full folder there ?
the only differences between the new and the old version is that these 2 bits are deleted.

• @package out
  • @version SVN: $Id: oxcountrystateselect.js 35529 2011-05-23 07:31:20Z vilma $

Can that not be ignored by the update ?

Following up - why are others files with exactly the same differences in the copy this and not in the changed full folder?