Updated the translation center

Dear translators,

during the last weekend we finally updated the language keys handled on the translation platform to the present OXID eShop version 4.8.4. Due to the massive changes in the language handling with OXID eShop version 4.8.0 we had to re-import the language keys and translations entirely. It turned out that some new keys were added and others (mostly duplicates) were deleted.

That’s why I’d like to invite you to have a look at the present state of translations again.

Talking about this, we’ve also been working on updating the software behind the translation center called oTranCe. You’ll find more information about this at this blog post if you’re interested:
http://www.marco-steinhaeuser.de/updating-the-translation-platform-for-oxid-eshop.html

I am presently thinking about handling the translations for standard modules in OXID eShop as well in the translation center. I am specifically talking about the invoice PDF generator, PayPal and the mobile theme: on the one hand, the standard modules would be included in the translations, on the other hand it means that more language keys had to be translated. Let me know what you think about that.

Thanks a lot for your effort and kind regards!

[QUOTE=Marco Steinhaeuser;141873]
I am presently thinking about handling the translations for standard modules in OXID eShop as well in the translation center. I am specifically talking about the invoice PDF generator, PayPal and the mobile theme: on the one hand, the standard modules would be included in the translations, on the other hand it means that more language keys had to be translated. Let me know what you think about that.
[/QUOTE]

Hi Marco,

for me, modules should be standalone and should ship their own translations. If you think of a modular shopsystem that you could configure to fit your needs, you want to get rid of all other things. So from my side a clear statement: Translations should be included in the modules.

Best regards,

Joscha

If they can be kept separate from the shop language files i think it’s a good idea. @joscha: i think the idea is to ship module translations with modules like now, but have a central place where shop files and standard module files can be translated.

I think that is good idea use translation center for modules.

The modules which appears in main package would be added by default,

Same for me, great Idea ! need some languages for the oxid paypal modul

Kind Regards

Andreas

[U]http://www.enkienterprise.com[/U]