Different VAT for Shipping costs?

Hello

I have a quite urgent situation where VAT for products is different than VAT for Shipping costs services.

At the same time the shop owner needs to have displayed VAT contained in Shipping costs in Shopping Cart and Invoice.

The only setting I can find in OXID CE 4.8.4 is:

Master Sett./Core Sett./ VAT/ - “Display shipping costs as net price and VAT (instead of gross) in shopping cart and invoice”

Is there any possibility to achieve different VAT calculation for Shipping costs than for products? An available extension maybe?

Thanks for any help in advance

Marko

you´ll probably need your own module to handle this
never heard about this kind of "problems"
Which country are we talking about?

the shop is selling products with a reduced VAT tax rate 7% in Germany and
VAT for shipping service should be 19% …

if all or most of the products bought have the reduced tax, the shipping cost shall be taxed as well with the reduced rate

*** von unterwegs via Tapatalk ***

Ray, you are a life saver, thanks

(I’ve just managed to get some good results hard patching basketcontents.tpl and oxprice.php, but still a lot of work to do…)

Is this: “if all or most of the products bought have the reduced tax, the shipping cost shall be taxed as well with the reduced rate” really the actual rule for taxing in Germany?

Ray, can you please confirm this?

Thanks again
Marko

Your Customer should know that when he is trying to do Business in Germany…
Have a Look at:
http://www.steuerlinks.de/richtlinie/ustae/abs3.10..html
Paragraph 5

[QUOTE=ChristophH;145972]Your Customer should know that when he is trying to do Business in Germany…
Have a Look at:
http://www.steuerlinks.de/richtlinie/ustae/abs3.10..html
Paragraph 5[/QUOTE]

Thank you. I agree with you, he should. But I think that he has some unconventional arrangement and I’m checking with him again if they really need different VAT for shipping.

Thanks for the link!

Yes, I can confirm this is the rule for taxing shipping costs in Germany. You normally take the VAT rate of those items from the cart, which have the highest value. So if you sell for example books for 25 Euros and additional some other stuff for 24 Euros, the shipping costs will be taxed with the reduced rate (as the books). If it is vice versa, they will be taxed with the normal rate.

@Ray
i am not sure if you are right!
What I know is that (your example) if you have books (7%) for 25 Euros and other stuff (19%) for 24 Euro the tax rate should be relative to the costs of articles:

• total tax for articles: 1,64 Euro + 3.83 Euro = 5.47 Euro
  • tax rate total (relative) = about 13% -> tax rate for shipping cost!

never the mind: the oxid-shop calculate it right!

Good morning,

it is even possible to adjust this behaviour depending on what your tax adviser is telling you: Go to admin -> Core settings -> Settings -> VAT and adjust “VAT calculation of additional services” to either what @Hebsacker proposes or @nickname :slight_smile:

Best

…two tax advisers - three opinions…

:wink:

http://www.it-recht-kanzlei.de/umsatzsteuer-versandkosten-mehrwertsteuer.html

patchwork.de and Marco even answered my questions that I just wanted to post :slight_smile:

Now I’m waiting for answers from my customer’s tax adviser

good one: “…two tax advisers - three opinions…” :slight_smile:

Thanks everyone