Problem with article variants display

My client wants to display articles with variants in detail page like this…Article title/no/price/unit price/short desc/long desc/pdf/delivery time will be displayed along with a drop down of its variants. Now if he select an variant then its data will be displayed without page refresh. Either I have to build that whole content page design in backend and send it back using ajax or do a page refresh onchange of dropdown value. Also if he selects an variant then dropdown will display all other variants except that. Is there any optimum/easy/user friendly solution for it?

Hi,

I am afraid I don’t get the point completely. Why would you put all this information in a drop down while you could display variants with all needed Information in the variants block on the father product?

Regards

Thats because its client requirement.

Alright.
I cannot understand this:

Article title/no/price/unit price/short desc/long desc/pdf/delivery time will be displayed along with a drop down of its variants.

Could you express yourself another way so one could understand what your aim is?

Default shop behaviour is if we go to an article(no variants) detail page then it shows some info for that article and a add to cart button is there. Now if the article has variant and parent article is buyable then we found add to cart button along with info and other variants list with add to cart button for each.

Now my client want if he goes to an article (no variants) detail page then it will be same as default. But if a product has a variant then apart from parent info , one drop down should be there from where he can choose the variant. Initially parent info will be shown. If parent is buyable the it will be in drop down list and in a selected state… Now if he choose a different variant then all info(article title, price, delivery info, stock) will be replaced by chosen variant .

There should be single add to cart button.

Gotcha :slight_smile:

Unfortunately, I do not see a way to resolve it with the options we have in the shop by default. It is probably possible using the Ajax library delivered or just simple JS. Some guys are using jquery as framework inside the shop.

Cheers