How to allow only PayPal payment method for certain users

Hello

I’m trying to allow only PayPal payment method for certain users. I have only two payment methods: PayPal and Cash on Delivery. So I created user group “Only PayPal” and set this user group as “Available in User Groups” in “PayPal” payment method and set “Not available in User Groups” in “Cash on Delivery”.

The problem is that users from user group “Only PayPal” still get both payment methods when buying.

When I look at assigned user group for this user I see that it is also in user group “Foreign Customer” that was automatically assigned.
I think that this is the reason why they can still choose from both payment methods - users from group “Foreign Customer” are allowed to both payment types.

I’m stuck here. Maybe this is not the way to do what I want and there is a simpler way to achieve this functionality?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Bye
Marko

Maybe I should add that the reason why our customer needs this setting are problematic buyers who make orders “Cash on delivery” and never retrieve their orders. So 2x shipment costs are going to the shop owner.

I suppose that this scenario happens quite often and being able to limit payment methods to certain users after they “become unreliable” should be possible somehow.

Payment method: “Min Credit Rating” = 1000
User setting: “Credit Rating” < 1000