Install problem MySQL

Hello

I would like to know if I can install this OXID CE on the grid server (gs) from mediatemple.

I tried the install, but when the database is successfully tested and the tables and data are created… i get this error:

You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ‘SCHEMA CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_general_ci’ at line 1

In the first system check it says my YELLOW MySQL is not up to date but it will install anyway.

My MySQL client version is: 4.1.11

I have tried to set it up without the utf8 button active, but same problem, only latin problem instead of utf8 erorr message.

Any help would be great

Check system-requirements !!!

MySQL 5.0.33 oder höher
Upgrade your MySQL or aktivate a 5.x.xx version at your webspace.

CYA
Firefax

MySQL module for MySQL 5

- The requirement is not or only partly fit. The OXID eShop will work anyway and can be installed…

It is not a problem to install!.. this first setup/install page says.

Hi wisbin,

MySQL module for MySQL 5

this is in the php environment check of the installation. MySQL needs to have a php-module installed which is Version 5 in your case but totally different to the MySQL server version which is not checked at this stage.
You must have MySQL Server version 5.0.33 and higher running. With 4.1.1 it would not work.

Regards