OXID CE installation in English

Hi

I installed OXID CE and found, that it doesn’t have english installation manual. So I wrote myself one with pictures and set up one demo store.

You can find it here: http://phpdemos.net/thread-15.html

Hey spottraining!

I love that one, although I am a bit confused about your way to handle the rights settings. It shall be done by the install script itself accept your webspace is not prepared for that. If you have SSH access, try to chown the shop directory to the webserver (e.g. www-data).

regards

Marco Steinhäuser
Community Operator
OXID eSales AG

Reason my be yes - that I don’t install it to webserver root - so that was the main reason, why I let these tips to the end. Just in case. It can be helpful for others - who getting similar errors.

hmmm… in this case (not installed in doc root), maybe a better solution would have been to set the RewriteBase in the .htaccess correctly (which we have on backlogs already).
Although, the point you brought up is imho more concerned to the above named reason: The script does not have the right to chmod files and folders.
My experience is: Do not touch the file permissions as it can be done by the script. You will not get every file that has to be chmodded and will find a concerned prob at another place.

BTW: Please do not miss-understand that tech discussion. I still love the idea you had, setting up an English howto for the OXID installation :wink:

greetz

Marco Steinhäuser
Community Operator
OXID eSales AG