Connect to Database via XML

Hi Community,

I hope this question wasn’t asked until now.

A company offers their product database via get(s) and post(s) and delivers an XML file.
So at the beginning I have to get the Categories.
and after that whatever the user is choosing.

is there any possibility so solve my problem in Oxid CE? I mean is there already a nice solution or somethign like that?

I think I have to write a module, which gets the data and puts it in the CE Database temporarily, so that they can be displayed, and deleted after a while. :confused:

Hi,

I think I have to write a module, which gets the data and puts it in the CE Database temporarily, so that they can be displayed, and deleted after a while.

Right, that looks like interface programming :slight_smile:

But why to delete after a while? Probably the best would be to let the following XML overwrite the existing database entries.

Actually this is exactly what OXID offers with the SOAP interface. Unfortunately, it is not available for CE.

Regards

thanks very much yeah but its cost a lot more than the CE.

Deleting?
-> The data is already on the other server and I get the data via request, so i don’t need so much wespace.

-> I have heard from a friend that it’s possible to nearly store no data except the Basket and the current article. You just get the pictures and the further data via the request and show and just store the current article in the database, afterwards it would be deleted.
Thats the way all the ebay linking shops do. I know they do it because they don’t have the space of the ebay database.

So tomorrow or probably Monday i get the online account for the catalogue. I’ll check out how the data comes with XML and on and on.

If I could manage this I’ll tell you, but only the way (not the code) because I think it will be a version, just usable for this connection.

Hi Moefab1,

it is not recommended to get the data for your shop from the vendors XML get/post on the fly.

disadvantage is that if the other XML delivery hangs it would also render your website unusable

secondly vendors have often limits for number of downloads / user so you might run into difficulties there

additionally if the vendor has many products (>10) , the parsing, splitting, reading again from DB and rendering will take very long time (up to hours!)
I assume your visitors dont want to wait more than 8 seconds until your shop is displayed

so why not just doing a import once a day?