Cart-bug (and solution)

If you enter a new value in the quantity-field of a product and hit “return”, nothing happens…

If you select the checkbox of a product and then enter a new value in the quantity-field of a product and hit “return”, the product gets deleted…

Checking this update-process in my debugger, I found an [B]easy [/B]solution for this:

just [B]change the sequence[/B] of the “delete”- and “update”-buttons in the “basket”-template “basket.tpl” ( “update”-button first)…

Thus, on hitting return in the quatity-field, the “update”-button gets POSTED to the server, and initiates the action expected…

Otherwise the “delete”-button gets POSTED to the server, which has no effect, unless the products checkbox is checked, which then causes the “delete” operation.

Hi,

Thank you for your report.
You are right - such behavior sometimes is inconvenient for users, who like to click Enter on some web forms :slight_smile: But I would not say that this is a bug, as well as all the cases when Enter is pressed in web forms.
Changes of such behavior (to change handling of “Enter” action) is really evil…as you need to hack the nature of browser(s). :slight_smile: We had some similar cases in eShop and eFire also… and that is time consuming work and makes places vulnerable.

Your suggestion looks easy, but - if the checkboxes (to delete articles from basket) will leave at left-side and at the bottom the Update button goes first, then Delete button at the right - i’m sure it will confuse users… they will use Update for deleting selected articles (I’m pretty sure about that :))
But it might work if:
a) move the checkbox’es for deleting also to the right side (i.e. in a row goes: article image, article title, checkbox, then prices, etc.)… so Delete button also will be aligned with checkboxes in the same column;
b) or remove the “Delete” button at all, and implement all actions (update and delete) on single button Update.

I would prefer b).

IMO oxid.uservoice.com would be correct place for such feature request. As here we discussing about user behavior and handling of some user actions, user input about more convenient (less confusing) use would be welcome in this case.

Regards,

[QUOTE=dainius.bigelis;24644]
a) move the checkbox’es for deleting also to the right side (i.e. in a row goes: article image, article title, checkbox, then prices, etc.)… so Delete button also will be aligned with checkboxes in the same column;
b) or remove the “Delete” button at all, and implement all actions (update and delete) on single button Update.

I would prefer b).[/QUOTE]
Well, as a matter of fact, the checkbox next to the delete Button seems to only serve one purpose: to be able to select all articles’ checkboxes with one click…

So it could be removed altogether, and an explanatory text (like: “For deletion of a product check the box on its line…”) be displayed instead below the buttons…