Module Confusion

Hi there OXIDians,

I’ve been teaching myself the internals of OXID Modules and have hit a bit of a stumbling block:

My main ‘aim’ at the moment, is to add a new tab in the admin-area, where you can add one extra image to each product. I’ve created a new module with a menu.xml which creates a new tab in the product-editor, and I duplicated some code from the “Bilder” tab to make a new upload field. I’ve created a new database table to store the new image (I don’t want to store it in oxarticles if possible).

The problem I have now is how to extend the oxarticle class so I have access to the new image. I’ve created and registered a module but have no idea how to create the oxField object inside it to hold the picture:

This is the code I have so far, but I’m unsure where to put my code. I don’t think save() ever gets called:

<?php
class mypicture_article extends mypicture_article_parent {

public function save() {
		 $this->oxarticles__testimage = new oxField(basename($this->oxarticles__testimage->value), oxField::T_RAW);
	}

}

?>

Can anyone give me a pointer in the right direction? I’m on my 8th cup of coffee and am having trouble holding the mouse still at the moment…

Thanks and regards

Dave

Managed to get this sorted myself. Instead of using save(), I created a new function which loads the needed information directly from the database.

Hi Dave,

thanks for the feed back!

Cheers

[QUOTE=david;27279]Managed to get this sorted myself. Instead of using save(), I created a new function which loads the needed information directly from the database.[/QUOTE]
Why not [B]just use(!) [/B]"[B]$product->oxarticles__testimage[/B]" in your template?

OXIDs “[B]lazy loading[/B]” will sort that out for you automatically.

No need to do anything in addition, no module, no nothing.

[QUOTE=avenger;27338]Why not [B]just use(!) [/B]"[B]$product->oxarticles__testimage[/B]" in your template?

OXIDs “[B]lazy loading[/B]” will sort that out for you automatically.

No need to do anything in addition, no module, no nothing.[/QUOTE]

Hi Avenger,

I tried that - but $product->oxarticles__testimage didn’t exist in any of my product objects.

Do I have to activate it somehow? What happens if I save my entries in another table? Will $product->oxanothertable__testimage work?

Thanks and Regards

Dave

Did you clear your tmp folder ? The field names are being cached there, so if you add new ones or alter any of them you always have to clear up the tmp.