Can't seem to even begin

Maybe I’m too far over my head…but I didn’t think so…

I’m trying to install the Comm Edit on my domain. I downloaded the CE and saved the zip file. I opened an ftp connection to www.mydomain.com/newstore. I copied all of the files from inside of the zip directory to inside of the mydomain.com/newstore.

I then go to www.mydomain.com/newstore and I get:

Warning: require_once(/home/content/82/5820082/html/newstore/core/oxfunctions.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/content/82/5820082/html/newstore/index.php on line 71

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required ‘/home/content/82/5820082/html/amacstore/core/oxfunctions.php’ (include_path=’.:/usr/local/php5/lib/php’) in /home/content/82/5820082/html/newstore/index.php on line 71

I’ve spent several hours going through newbies and setup on the fora and cannot find anything to help.

Any thoughts - guidance - suggestions would be GREATLY appreciated.

Ed

Hi Ed,

welcome to this forum.

In case all files inside the zip where uploaded correctly to your webspace, the setup routine shall come up. Please check the following:

[ul]
[li]did you download from this place?
[/li]http://www.oxid-esales.com/download
[li]how big is the file you downloaded, 10.1 MB
[/li][li]when unzipping the file locally, do you get any error message from your zip program?
[/li][li]watch out for error messages while uploading the unzipped files to your webserver. Best switch to strict binary mode
[/li][li]as a pre-caution, check the system requirements
[/li]http://www.oxid-esales.com/en/products/community-edition/system-requirements
[/ul]
Regards

Thank you Marco… Sometimes (often?) it is the small bit that is overlooked - and yes - somehow I had lost a file in the transitions…

Now trying to go forward with the install…

Is there a basic (real basic) step by step guide? The obvious is what eludes me.

For example, the next page asks for the name of the database host… is that asking for the url of the place the sql db is sitting and an admin user name/password for the site - or is it just asking for the name of the db and the admin user name/password of the db? Since the store is being hosted on the same system as the sql db I"m confused!

try this:

The main thing: have a look at the requirements, but the setup process will tell you if something is wrong.
greeting
magnus

Well, I’ve definitely jumped in with two feet… deep into it.

The great news is all of the links and references found
here have been INVALUABLE to help a newbie like me. I read - I try - It works!
The site is up… its alive…

But alas it seems to have a life of its own…

The sitepoint article is great - but the screens that I’ve got look
radically different. The sitepoint article has very clear screens
with lots of choices talking about MASTER SETTINGS and
SHOP SETTINGS and more. I’ve landed (?) inside a bit deeper
where I’m getting DASHBOARD and its expecting me to know
which is what?!?

How do I 'backup" to the sho setting and master setting non-dashboard
choices!?!?

Thanks!

Hi Ed,

don’t you have a navigation bar at the left hand side with “master settings”, “shop settings” and so on?

Regards