Oxid in france

Hello Oxid community,

I’m a beginner of oxid, and I’m in France. I have choose Oxid because we are setting up a new business with a German firm who currently use oxid.
We have has synchronize our shops catalogs, so the Oxid choice was natural.

My first feeling of Oxid is, that’s a good solution very complete but also very German.
I don’t speak German and It’s for me difficult to have informations.
Is there a small comunity of french Oxid users ?

Anyway, I’m working on a French version of Oxid and now, I would like to connect my eshop with my bank online payment system.
I did not find any solution on oxid eXchange for French system, and I would like to know if someone have a solution for that?
in the case the answer would be no, is there a guide or a method to develop my own extension ?

thank you in advance for your help in my quest

best regards

Olvier from Paris

Hello Olivier,

welcome to the community!

[QUOTE=o1ivier;31829]
My first feeling of Oxid is, that’s a good solution very complete but also very German.[/QUOTE]

Do you mean the shop software itself? Well that depends on the version. From 4.3.0 on, if you install it in English, everything shall come up in English - no German word to be found any longer :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=o1ivier;31829]
I don’t speak German and It’s for me difficult to have informations.
Is there a small comunity of french Oxid users ?
[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately, there is no French community yet and I would appreciate if you could help establish it. For any information you need you might turn to this forum - maybe in English firstly. Friendly people will be fancy to help you.

[QUOTE=o1ivier;31829]
in the case the answer would be no, is there a guide or a method to develop my own extension ?
[/QUOTE]

Have a look at this page, maybe #4 and #8 could be very helpful:

Regards

Hello Marco,
Thank you for your answer,

Well, I’m user the 4.3.1 CE of Oxid and that’s true, all is in English. It’s great for us and very helpful but not enough.

The problem is more for making the join between Oxid and our nationals systems, and there is a realy big gap for that.

• billing system cannot be used directly in France (because of small details between French and German legislation)

• there is no choice to interface Oxid with French payment method (that’s for me the biggest problem because to start a business it’s the first priority).
    I tried the only module available to add a payment method available in France : OGONE. Unfortunately, Ogone is not the better solution in France, and more important, this module documentation is only in German. Even with google translation, I only succed to destroy my Oxid config :eek: Relay I have others stuff to do rather than re develop an interface with a French payment method

Now even without French community, don’t worry, I have a lot of questions to ask. Hope I will have answers in English (because my search show me much more answers in German than in English ;).

Best regards
Olivier

Hello Oliver,

I was sending an e-mail to OGONE shortly after I answered your post and requested a translated version at least for the module download on OXID eXchange.
If you want to start your own open sourced project for French payment methods, I would propose to use OXID projects.

Regards