Product configuration

Hi guys, I would like to know if it possible to constain the values of a selection list by the selectd value of an another selection list. For example i got list one “color” with “red, black, white” so if i choose white the selection list “size” should show me “30, 31”. If I choose red then the size list shold show me “32, 33”.

thanking you in anticipation

Nick

Hi Nick,

check out the multiple variant function or the attributes for your intention :wink:

Regards

Hi Marco,

thanks for your fast reply. I’d tried out the variants but that isnt realy useful. I would like to have the whole configuration in the main window of the details page. But the functionality is exactly what I’m looking for. What do you ment by attributes?

best regards
nick

Hi Nick,

check out this help page for multidimensional variants:
http://www.oxid-esales.com/en/resources/help-faq/eshop-manual/creating-multidimensional-variants

All is handled on the details page and you can even display them in a dropdown box.

Attributes can be configured that they work like a product filter within a category:
http://www.oxid-esales.com/en/resources/help-faq/eshop-manual/using-attributes

Now, you simply assign the attributes to the category.

Regards

I am trying to list 2 separate variants for an article. The article is a wedding band set. They are sold as a pair. The customer must be able to choose both the woman’s and the man’s size rings independent of one another to be placed in the cart as single order for the pair of rings.

I can create a selection list for woman’s sizes and another one for men’s sizes and assign the product to them. They are able to order two separate sizes, one for the woman and one for the man. Doing it this way does not show the ring sizes ordered in the cart.

Using the article’s “Variants” tab, I added the “Women’s” selection list and all is fine except that it only displays Women’s ring sizes. When I add the “Men’s” selection list, I begin to get bazaar results. All the various women’s ring sizes are now coupled to the men’s ring sizes.

I then checked (activated) the two women’s sizes I have in stock (show stock is active in Master Settings…). They then display appropriately as a variant drop down on the product detail page as do the men’s sizes I checked as being in stock. When I checked the men’s sizes, they were prefaced in the variant section by the various women’s sizes. On the product detail page, this creates two drop down lists of variants, one for woman and one for man.

Now I can select for example a woman’s size 7 and all is well. When I go to select a man’s size 9, it is faded out and not selectable in the variant drop down list for men’s ring sizes.

I have read the manual. Also I have searched the forum. Any links I have found for “Multidimensional Variants,” Selection etc. leads to the Oxide home page.

Can anyone steer me to a written explanation of what I must do?

Thank you,

Ray

OK, I got it to work. I do not fully understand this but I will ponder the pattern and should be able to apply it in the future. I will still look at any written reference anyone can offer.

Thank you again,
Ray

[QUOTE=RMIGHTY1;126464]I can create a selection list for woman’s sizes and another one for men’s sizes and assign the product to them. They are able to order two separate sizes, one for the woman and one for the man. Doing it this way does not show the ring sizes ordered in the cart.
Using the article’s “Variants” tab, I added the “Women’s” selection list and all is fine except that it only displays Women’s ring sizes. When I add the “Men’s” selection list, I begin to get bazaar results. All the various women’s ring sizes are now coupled to the men’s ring sizes.[/QUOTE]
You do not need to assign products to the lists as this will create selection-lists not variants. You do not need selection lists at all to create variants, the selection lists are only used to simplify the process of creating variants. If you want to use selection lists to create the variants, you have to create one list for sizes containing all sizes and one for gender containing only “men” and “women”, then you can apply those lists to the article in variants tab and switch on only the available combinations.

You can also manually create the md-variants by entering “Gender | Size” as “name”, and then e.g. “Men | 50” as variantname.

Wow, that is enlightening! Thank you leofonic, that helps me tremendously. What a difference it makes to have an explanation and a few examples. Thank you so very much!

Ray :slight_smile: