Bug in system requirements mod_rewrite

[I]Community Edition 4.3.2_27884 [/I]

There is a bug in the file “/oxid-eshop/core/[B]oxsysrequirements.php[/B]” in row 319 where “return $iModStat;” has to be changed to “[B]return 2;[/B]”
[B]
After that a mod_rewrite will be accepted even if it is activated via httaccess[/B] :cool:

Hi,

Actually the implemented check should work also in the case when mod_rewrite is activated via htaccess. But your suggested solution to implement “return 2;” is not acceptable, because it will always return true for this requirements, even if it not there (but it is mandatory for proper eShop work).

So would be good to investigate more about this case, then we would check what’s proper solution can be implemented. Can you write mode details about your case?

This might be related.

I am installing PE on this site…
http://www.mandat.de/eshop/setup/

Under “Server configuration” see a red item…
apache mod_rewrite module

It is saying that apache mod_rewrite module does not work.

Could you see why? Even though .htaccess is already in place to have the rewrite engine turned on…
http://www.mandat.de/eshop/.htaccess

And I know we’re using apache mod_rewrite module elsewhere on the server.

Thanks a lot in advance.

It’s probably because you have the encrypted version of the shop and do not have Zend Optimizer installed.

Hi,

[QUOTE=leofonic;41991]It’s probably because you have the encrypted version of the shop and do not have Zend Optimizer installed.[/QUOTE]

On this stage, the rewrite zend optimizer shall not be called yet. @kc: How would you make sure that mod_rewrite is actually running on your server?

Regards

[QUOTE=Marco Steinhaeuser;42136]
On this stage, the rewrite zend optimizer shall not be called yet.[/QUOTE]
Not directly, but the mod_rewrite-check calls “oxseo.php?mod_rewrite_module_is=off”, and if you call this page in kc’s shop, you get a zend error, and that is probably the reason why the mod_rewrite-check fails.

argh:

[Tech-C]
Type: ROLE
Name: Hostmaster STRATO AG Webhosting

Rgds

It is working now. :slight_smile: Thanks a lot!

[QUOTE=kc;43021]It is working now. :slight_smile: Thanks a lot![/QUOTE]
Congrats! What did you do?

Regards

I just copied a file php.ini with the following code

zend_optimizer.optimization_level = 15
zend_extension=/usr/zend/5_2_x_comp/ZendOptimizer.so

into the eshop folder.

Originall I only have the php.ini in the eshop/setup folder.

Is there a way to make the whole site zend_optimizer enabled without having to do this on each folder?

K.C.
[email protected]

[QUOTE=kc;43048]Is there a way to make the whole site zend_optimizer enabled without having to do this on each folder?[/QUOTE]
Apparently not at your hosting provider :frowning:

Regards