Cant call oxNew on Linux

Hello, Ive started testing my module on Linux(Debian, Ubuntu) now. And Ive gotten into problems. And the biggest problem is that I dont know what the problem is.

In my Windows installation of the verry same module it works splendid, I only get deprecated messages etc(which is not a problem at the moment), but honestly, no problems at all.

What Im doing is that Im installing my module on the system by making changes in the DB and simular to install the module for the user with the least possible effort by the user. All the user has to do is to enter a installation page in the admin backend.

When I try to run it on Debian, it crashes, and I dont get any error messages or anything. Neither do I get the deprecated messages that I get in Windows, which I find verry odd.
Ive narrowed it down to a call to oxNew on my own created object. I found this out by adding echo messages around the oxNew call. I try to create its corresponding DB table just above the oxNew and the insert into this table. The strange thing is that the DB table is created, but on the row Im trying to insert into this table with info, nothing happens so that kinda fails?, and after that Im trying to create the oxNew object, but it crashes as said.

But I cant find any error logs, where are they? Is there any? How do I turn it on? And Ive tried with the config.inc.php error messages, but they dont tell me anything usefull in my opinion.

My first and only clue on this is that I thought it was a access/rights problem, kind of the files not having access enough to write to files etc in the tmp folder or such, but idk, I have no clue on how to administer linux, neither do I have a clue on why it just so promptly doesnt work at all. A crash in the admin view results in showin the webshop first page, as you probably know.

[B]But…
How can I solve this problem? How can I find out what the problem is? Why can it be so diffrent?[/B]

Any help and ideas on how to solve this is verry verry welcome.

P.s. Worth knowing is that I somehow once managed to get it to install everything into the DB, I was happy that I managed to do it somehow and reinstalled everything to learn precisely how to do it from scratch and ehm… I havent learned how I did it yet :frowning:

Hi,
first check if yours linux environment is compatible with OXID, (try fresh install, or go to admin > Service > System Requirements)
if all are ok, try check for files
/EXCEPTION_LOG.txt
/admin/EXCEPTION_LOG.txt

[QUOTE=wanis;33039]Hi,
first check if yours linux environment is compatible with OXID, (try fresh install, or go to admin > Service > System Requirements)
if all are ok, try check for files
/EXCEPTION_LOG.txt
/admin/EXCEPTION_LOG.txt[/QUOTE]

Niiiiice, And the problem seems to be solved, linux is case sensitive it seems. Sad. I never reflected over having a big I in my filename.
Well, new problems have rissen, but it will be easier to move along, seems to be a chain of the same problem…

Many thanx.

I havent seen that logfile before btw, kinda strange. Seems to only be created if there is any exceptions :confused: Maybe Oxid should reconsider to have it there all the time from the start?

EDIT: It all works now that I renamed the files to only contain lower case letters.

Many thanx for the help.

I just remembered. I still dont get any deprecated messages in linux, but I do get them in windows. How come? Is it a apache configuration?
Cause In my newly installed oxid installation on linux I still havent touched the oxshopcontrol.php file, in which I turn of the deprecated messages in my windows installation.

[QUOTE=betatest;33052]I just remembered. I still dont get any deprecated messages in linux, but I do get them in windows. How come? Is it a apache configuration?
Cause In my newly installed oxid installation on linux I still havent touched the oxshopcontrol.php file, in which I turn of the deprecated messages in my windows installation.[/QUOTE]
Should be more a PHP issue…

WINDOWS PHP Version 5.3.x, LINUX PHP Version 5.2.x???

[QUOTE=avenger;33059]Should be more a PHP issue…

WINDOWS PHP Version 5.3.x, LINUX PHP Version 5.2.x???[/QUOTE]

Hello, yes, It seems that it is “PHP Version 5.2.0-8+etch13”.
I didnt think about the php being possibly responsible.

But this is on the VMware image that is found here: http://wiki.oxidforge.org/Downloads/VMware
I thought it would pose no such compatibility problems that you seem to suggest excist.