New function - VAT is calculated by billing or delivery country

Hi! I am very pleasure for this new function - VAT is calculated by billing or delivery country.

But I don’t know Where I can change this VATs for other countries. I only know Where I can set defaul VAT for whole e-shop.

Thanks for your response!

Hello scrand,

unfortunately, this is not possible at the moment.
I guess, you are within the EU as well. If you ship your orders into another EU country, you shall have the same VAT as for domestic orders.

Regards

nein Marco, auch hier deutscher Widerspruch, das ist leider nicht so und ich habs auch nicht netto, bei mir wird alles incl. Steuer AUSSER Gewerbler.

[QUOTE=Marco Steinhaeuser;33341]Hello scrand,

unfortunately, this is not possible at the moment.
I guess, you are within the EU as well. If you ship your orders into another EU country, you shall have the same VAT as for domestic orders.

Regards[/QUOTE]

I know that I can ship my orders into another EU countries with same VAT but we have in Czech Republic 20% VAT and VAT in Slovak Republic is only 19%. We sell gold and silver products and somethings cost over 8000 €. 1% of 8000 € is 80€ - :slight_smile:

We prefer shipping to Slovak Republic with 19% VAT. Thank you!

Can you tell me Why this function is not possible at this moment?

I see in release info that it is like new feature - http://wiki.oxidforge.org/Releases/4.3 in - More Great Enhancements

BTW: I am sorry for my poor english :smiley:

Hi scrand,

I know that I can ship my orders into another EU countries with same VAT but we have in Czech Republic 20% VAT and VAT in Slovak Republic is only 19%. We sell gold and silver products and somethings cost over 8000 €. 1% of 8000 € is 80€ - :slight_smile:

We prefer shipping to Slovak Republic with 19% VAT. Thank you!

Withing the EU, it is not a question of can, would like or prefer, it is law: As long as you do not achieve a specific threshold of turnover per year exporting goods, you, as a Czech, have to calculate 20% even if you export to the Slovak Republic.

In “more great enhancements”, which point do you mean exactly?

But actually, you are right: Apparently, there is a feature badly missing. I just created a new feature request “Zone dependant tax”. Vote for it!

Regards

[QUOTE=Marco Steinhaeuser;33404]Hi scrand,

Withing the EU, it is not a question of can, would like or prefer, it is law: As long as you do not achieve a specific threshold of turnover per year exporting goods, you, as a Czech, have to calculate 20% even if you export to the Slovak Republic.

In “more great enhancements”, which point do you mean exactly?

But actually, you are right: Apparently, there is a feature badly missing. I just created a new feature request “Zone dependant tax”. Vote for it!

Regards[/QUOTE]

the point is number 3

• Added an option to switch VAT calculation from calculating by billing country to delivery country.

Hi,

[QUOTE=scrand;33444]the point is number 3

• Added an option to switch VAT calculation from calculating by billing country to delivery country.[/QUOTE]

That’s a different feature. If the order in a German shop was made from Switzerland (outside EU, 0% VAT) and the delivery is going to Germany (inside EU, 19% German VAT) the shop owner may decide between both options.

Regards

OK :slight_smile:

Thank you very much :slight_smile: