Mysql connection problem on strato account

When installing OXID on a STRATO PowerPlus L account i run into a problem when installing the database (step 4).

Following error is displayed:
[I][B]Lost connection to MySQL server at ‘reading initial communication packet’, system error: 146[/B][/I]

Is that because the database server (rdbms.strato.de) is different from the account url?
Any ideas?

Saludos!

Hi chrzzz,

I tried to google because I never heard about an error message like this before. Apparently, it looks like a Strato specific problem as only their support may help. Sorry mate…

Regards

Try setting the Database Server address to: [B][I]127.0.0.1[/I][/B] when setting up OXID and see if it changes anything … looked up what the error means and it seems its related with the address assigned to MySQL server … if you keep getting the same error contact STRATO Support and ask them to take a look at your situation pointing out that it seems to be a connection related issue at their end if they say to come back to OXID Support for help on this problem.

[QUOTE=chrzzz;33735]When installing OXID on a STRATO PowerPlus L account i run into a problem when installing the database (step 4).

Following error is displayed:
[I][B]Lost connection to MySQL server at ‘reading initial communication packet’, system error: 146[/B][/I]

Is that because the database server (rdbms.strato.de) is different from the account url?
Any ideas?

Saludos![/QUOTE]
Why only do people still use Strato as their provider, with the internet full of problems concerning most any software on Strato servers???

In the case of Strato “cheap” definitely does [B]not [/B]mean “price-worthy”.

This is just outright ridiculous!

IMO Strato should be taken to court because of massive time theft!