First Time Log In to the Admin Area

I’ve just installing oxid on my website. The installation went fine and I’m excited to get going with it but I can’t seem to log into the admin area. As instructed I’ve been going to mywebsite.com/admin/ and using the user name admin and the password admin, but I always receive a message saying that my username or password is incorrect.

As far as I know I haven’t changed the password in any way, and I’ve tried logging in with the details I used for the site installation but that didn’t work either.

Is there a way around this? Perhaps I could restart the installation and if so, how could I go about that without having to delete everything iand start from scratch?

Thanks in advance,
Jonathon

Hello Jonathon,

which version do you use? Actually, from version 4.2.0 on, we changed this behaviour: During the installation you have to set the administrator’s e-mail address and a certain password - admin/admin should not work any longer.
Where did you find it in documentation? It has to be changed.
To resolve your problem you can use the password forgotten function of the shop front end. If you forgot the e-mail address you assigned, check the database:OXUSER for the value you entered during the installation.

Regards

Marco, thanks for your reply.

Perhaps stupidly, I followed the instructions on this site, but I do have the most recent version of OXID.

I can’t find database:OXUSER. Also, the password won’t send to my e-mail account.

I feel like perhaps the best idea would be just to re-install the system and keep a better track of the usernames etc that I’ve used.

Regards,
Jonathon

EDIT: I managed to work out what I’d used as the e-mail and password and have logged into everything fine. I now have a new issue if you don’t mind addressing that too. It seems I’m lacking the ‘apache mod_rewrite module’ on my server. Can I install this? The shop still seems to be running without it.

I am a serious noob with this system as you may have noticed so thank you very much for your help.

Jonathon

Hello Jonathon,

the sitepoint article is already from last year, when it still was possible to login with admin | admin. As mentioned, we changed this in one of the latest versions.
Actually, the password isn’t send to your e-mail address, a link is sent where you can reset your own password.

It seems I’m lacking the ‘apache mod_rewrite module’ on my server. Can I install this? The shop still seems to be running without it.

Whithout the mod_rewrite module on your server, you shall not be able to hit any link in the shop front end. As it seems to work - how would you know that mod_rewrite is missing? Any error messages in admin?

Regards

With regards to the mod_rewrite file, yes everything is working as far as I can tell. In the admin panel it has the red spot next to it.

Jonathon

[QUOTE=dirtychinchilla;36071]With regards to the mod_rewrite file, yes everything is working as far as I can tell. In the admin panel it has the red spot next to it.[/QUOTE]
Strange enough as you obviously successfully passed the installation. Can you simply ignore it? :slight_smile:

Regards

I will indeed ignore it. Thank you for your help.

Jonathon