Payment Module USA User

Hello,

I must say I am a little taken back due to my lack of investigation before building my site with this platform. I assumed OXID had a ll the normal payment methods as other Open Source Software on the Market. Assumption often times lead to a disaster.
[B]
Is there not a USA based Payment Module for OXID. You know Paypal, Google, etc… Something, anything which will allow me to take payments?[/B]

This software is fantastic. I truly believed it is unmatched based on what I’ve experienced and seen in the market place.

This is time sensitive and I look forward to ANY response.

Sincerely,

Ashley

Hi Ashley,

Paypal is not a problem - there are independent modules which you can find on OXID Exchange. Do have a sniff.

We are putting together a Google Checkout module for OXID-4 CE, PE and EE, which will be available within, incidentally, the next week.

I will be happy to share our experience with you in developing OXID-shops for the US - please do keep posting on this forum to that end. (btw: where is your shop? :slight_smile:

Regards
Ashant

Hi there,

Thanks for the reply. I saw the the Paypal module, but from what I can tell is they are not USA compatible. If I am incorrect can you tell me which one would be appropriate for a USA user.

Additionally, I have spent the last week with the Oxid platform learning how to operate. I have built a beautiful site, but disappointed in myself I did not look into Payment platforms earlier.

By far, this platform is a head of the class. The things you can do are unmatched for a “FREE” software out of the box. Kudos to everyone here. It is a testament to the community and staff.

Any help pointing me in the right direction for the USA Paypal module would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Ashley

http://www.egate-media.com/oxid.php/sid/bacc889b72608e66c943969406563963/cl/details/anid/b5b4439d5f0369e60.59625771/tpl/-/lang/0/listtype/list

Martina,

That’s a really expensive module. The Aggrosoft module is a tad less expensive!

Regards
Ashant

and you are sure aggrosoft modul works IN the USA ??

[QUOTE=laramarco;40834]and you are sure aggrosoft modul works IN the USA ??[/QUOTE]

Yes - it is valid in the US…

The drawback with Aggrosoft module is that it doesn’t support Paypal Express.

[QUOTE=duece2;40830]

Additionally, I have spent the last week with the Oxid platform learning how to operate. I have built a beautiful site, but disappointed in myself I did not look into Payment platforms earlier.

By far, this platform is a head of the class. The things you can do are unmatched for a “FREE” software out of the box. Kudos to everyone here. It is a testament to the community and staff.

[/QUOTE]

@duece2 - thanks for the complements. All of us here in the OXID community (mostly Germans) are glad to hear it come from across the pond :smiley:

Okay, I think I will buy the Aggrosoft Paypal Module. Just to confirm it does work for USA based site?

Also, you guys are welcome for the complements.

I would be willing to pay, and maybe other US based webmaster are willing to join to get you guys to create a module for authorize.net. I have read the tutorial available on the internet, but Wow it’s beyond my scope. I can build templates and do various other things but that is beyond me.

Lastly, this is truly an international piece of software. I know the USA is not the only game in town, but it would be beneficial to have other payment modules with Universal capabilities.

If anyone is interested to earn a little cash I am willing to pay for the integration of Authorize.net. or another CC payment gateway for the USA.

Thanks,

Ashley

[QUOTE=duece2;40839]Okay, I think I will buy the Aggrosoft Paypal Module. Just to confirm it does work for USA based site?
[/quote]

You should definitely check once with the Aggrosoft folks if their module will work with you. Only they can liably gaurantee you!

We are in! Authorize.net is noted.

What other payment modules need to be supported for International users?

Ashant

Hi,

I can’t really speak for other International Users, but I think it would be advantages to try and find a Payment processor which can handle International Users across the board. I’m not 100% sure, but I have to believe there is a payment processor with multiple country capabilities. I do know Authorize.net will handle ALL USA users. The reason being is Authorize.net offers users to accept Credit, Debit cards, Checks, and I believe even phone in orders. It’s a no brainer.

Look forward to updates on Authorize.net. Let me know if I can assist or if i can make a monetary contribution to the efforts.

Great response to the Oxid team. I appreciate it.

Sincerely,

Ashley

Hi

hope this helps

eric

Dear Friends,

we finally have put together a module for Authorize.Net payment processing system. We hope US and UK users of the OXID eShop find it useful:

Get the module and code from:
http://www.euroblaze.de/oxid-modul-entwicklung/oxid-module-for-authorizenet-payments-pps.html

We’d be glad to recieve your feedback if you have tried it.

Thanks & regards
Ashant

Is your module set up for SIM, AIM or CIM integration with Authorize.net?

I, too, am from “across the pond.” After reviewing platforms for over a year now, I just now stumbled across oxid-sales. I suspect it’s because most installations are in Europe.

Are there any other issues with oxid-sales that we should be aware of, outside of Authorize.net integration? Is it configured to handle US Sales Tax issues properly, for instance?

Are there other issues other American developers have commented on that have been stumbling blocks?

Thanks for any insights you can provide.

Hi,

Sorry I can’t help you with that. It is Authorize.net specific, isn’t it?

Welcome. Yes, definitely. It’s not easy to even get recognized :slight_smile:

Good point!
The way Europeans purchase and merchants may offer is totally different to the one you know in a manner of taxation: In B2C, every price mark has to be shown including tax. I know that in Northern America (incl. Mexico and Canada), it is the other way round: Prices don’t contain tax, tax will be added at the very end of the checkout process, right? This is what we have to include hopefully soon with the feature request called B2B feature which is on top of the user voice ranking:
http://oxid.uservoice.com/forums/31940-feature-requests

Also, we do not have tax zones for different states like you might know them. Maybe a look at this module would be helpful:
http://www.oxid-esales.com/en/exchange/extensions/country-specific-vat

Oh - to complete this idea:
http://www.oxid-esales.com/en/news/blog/new-module-in-exchange-country-specifix-tax

Of course :slight_smile:

The currency sign will appear behind the price. I know that in the English speaking hemisphere, it is handled the way round. All this places in the templates have to be touched where [price] [currency] appears (except we find another way via Smarty or the views).

And a last (known) point: Decimal and comma separators are different: We use it like this 1.000,00 as you would write 1,000.00. Funny, isn’t it? :slight_smile:
A very smart solution was provided by Martin K. a few days before:
http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.php.oxid.general/699

I would really appreciate if we could find an (American) developer who is interested in making a localization as a module or version.

Regards

Sorry about the delay in getting back…

@novusweb

We have checked all the 5 options while testing the module.

Important thing is to make sure you have the necessary PEAR Modules installed, as stated in documentation.

@marco

We would be interested in the US Localization, but prefer to do it with a partner/community-member from the US.

Regards
Ashant

Hi Ashant,

[QUOTE=euroblaze;43396]@marco

We would be interested in the US Localization, but prefer to do it with a partner/community-member from the US.[/QUOTE]

recorded :wink:

Regards