Payment gateway for German site

Hi,

I’m developing a Germany site (but my German’s pretty bad).
Can you please advise on what payment gateway is well supported (and accepted in Germany).
The clients would be happy with 3rd party (e.g. PayPal or Ogone).
And then please: some steps to get this working.

I see there is eFire - but can’t find an english version overview. So don’t really understand the what & how.

[Sorry if annoying Newby questions - I have searched about]

Hi mluser,

OXID eFire provides services in German yet.
You can either choose between the OXID eFire platform or modules available on this pages:
http://www.oxid-esales.com/en/exchange/eshop/category/Payment

On OXID eFire, Heidelpay and PayPal are provided. Your decision is actually not a technical one - the shop owner has to define with whom he wants to have a business contract… The conditions may become really different.

Regards

Today at the MOW-2010 I was talking to the representatives from moneybookers.com, who have apparently just now had a module developed for their payment services, offering not just mb.com, but also CC-processing, bank-transfer (for mluser: by far the most common way of payment in Germany).

Maybe this is something to watch for those who can’t use eFire because of it’s German bias;)

More links and info as I get some myself…

Regards
Ashant

Thanks Ashant! This is exactly what I am doing every time I find a payment provider we have no interface yet at one of these trade fairs :slight_smile:
Like!

Cheers

Thanks for your help on this.

Look forward to checking out the Moneybookers module, Keep me posted :slight_smile:

@mluser - the Moneybookers guy didn’t get back yet - maybe we’ll trap him at the OXID Partner Day next week :wink:

Meanwhile here are some modules for we developed for Authorize.Net and Google Checkout and providing free to the community.

Regards
Ashant