Assigning products to catagories!

Hi

I’ve installed and been setting up my eShop, I’m so impressed with how powerfull this software is, It’s great.
I’ve found it dead easy to add products, change settings, manage orders. However, I want to add products to a catagory. I’ve found out how to do this, when I click on “assign” in either the catagory or product options, a pop-up appears which should list the products or catagories for selection. All I get is “data error”.

I’ve searched on the shop for the product, and it finds it, so I know the product is definately there, and the catagories aren’t hidden so I can’t figure out when they’re not coming up.

Can anyone help?

Thanks
Wayne

Hello Wayne,

could you check which eShop Revision is installed?
http://www.yourshop.co.uk/pkg.rev

Also, we need to know the version of your MySQL server.

Regards

Marco Steinhäuser
Community Guide
OXID eSales AG

Hi,

thanks for your reply.

I’ve checked which version of the eShop I’ve installed and it’s down as 15990, that’s what appeared when I went to that webaddress.

When I’ve checked the SQL version it’s come up “5.0.51-community”.

Does this help? In the meanwhile I’ve tried to setup a Selection List, this also didn’t work but did bring up the catagory I’d made from a drop down menu. However it wouldn’t let me do anything else and also displayed the “data error” message again.

Many Thanks!

Hi,

actually, I was sure there is something wrong with your database version but as your installation obviously went through, the system requirements shall fit the needs… During the installation, can you remember if you saw green signs for the system requirements everywhere or has there been a yellow one?

You might want to check your system requirements manually as well or ask your hosting provider maybe:
http://www.oxid-esales.com/en/products/community-edition/system-requirements.

Marco Steinhäuser
Community Guide
OXID eSales AG

Thanks for the reply.

I’ve gone back to the setup screen and they all show up as green. I’ve even signed up to another webhosting company and when I installed it with them there are a couple of yellow boxes.

PHP Memory limit

BCMath

These are both yellow on the new server, will this stop the service from working? The old one had all green lights. Any other ideas?

Sure: Both of it, memory_limit (depends on your article, categorie and response numbers) shall be at least at 32M. 40 shall be fair enough.

BCMath is actually needed.

Yellow still means: Is ok for installing, no support for proper working but installation itself fits. Red means: no way get your shop installation working.

Marco Steinhäuser
Community Guide
OXID eSales AG

Hi

Thanks for your help, I’ve installed it again on the new server and this works great now! It’s runs great, I can assign catagories and products and they work great.

With the exception of coupons!! I want to be able to give a code to a customer which when they enter it will give them a fixed discount. I’ve setup a coupon but this doesn’t work when putting it’s name in the field on the order screen. Any ideas?

Thanks again!

Hi wayniec,

do you get a specific error message or what basically happens?

Marco Steinhäuser
Community Guide
OXID eSales AG