New Module in eXchange: Country Specifix Tax

Using this module, you can define the tax rate for the delivery country via your config.inc.php. The tax rate will be calculated during the checkout according to the selected country in your customer’s delivery address. This module will work for Enterprise and Professional Edition as well as for the Community Edition of OXID eShop from version 4.3.0 up to the present version 4.4.1.

What is this module for? It is EU law that you have to sell your products to the end-consumer inside the EU with your domestic tax rate included. But of course, there is an exception: If the turnover (of your business, not only the online store) breaks a certain amount to a particular delivery country, you have to calculate the tax rate of that country from this point on.

Only very few shops will actually need this module as their turnover doesn’t break the above named level. Thus we provide it as a basis you can adapt to your specific purposes and countries. We will upload the module to OXID projects SVN to share it with the community and continue the development together. Feel free to register and work on it. Also, this module is probably a good basis for Northern American users/developers as their tax regulations are different and depend on the individual states/provinces.

Hi,

i already heard of the law for the country specific taxes. But i still have no idea when the point to do this is. Do you know the amount needed to a specific country when you have to switch? Or a link the the law ?

CYA

Dear Firefax,

see: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/European_Union_Value_Added_Tax#Distance_sales

Hi firefax and tm,

the posted thread is clearly spam. There is no request in it and it is just a copy and paste of my blog post about this topic :frowning:

The user will be blocked, the backlinks will be taken off…

Sorry mates