How good is OXID?

Hello,

I have not downloaded OXID yet and hoped I could ask a few questions first…

To explain: I do not know much about code etc. I can make some simple alterations in a CSS to colour etc. and I can do simple things like change a file so the store says ‘basket’ instead of ‘cart’.

Every open source e-commerce I have tried so far says it’s ‘easy to use even for novices’. But then I try them and get into problems. I started with ZenCart, which I found quite complicated, especially the admin, although the help on the forums was really good.

Then I tried PrestaShop and ran into a problem with not being able to login to my Admin area. Tried the forums and it seemed to be a known problem with complicated solutions so I quit as I don’t have the skills to modify things like that. :confused:

Then I found OpenCart and really liked to look and feel of it. Only to discover that once set up there is a problem with uploading product images. Went to the forum, found it is a known problem with a long forum thread but no real solution. I submitted my own question (after trying all the methods described) and so far no response. :frowning:

Then I found OXID and once again I like the look of it but I am nervous of getting into it and then discovering it is too complicated for me.

So here (at last) are my questions:
[ol]
[li]How stable is OXID?
[/li][li]I would build a shop on a Wamp Server so how difficult is it to upload to my webspace once I am happy with it?
[/li][li]If you ask in the forum “please explain in simple terms” do you get replies and if so are they easy to follow?
[/li][li]Is it possible to build a site for a client but only give them limited access to Admin?
[/li][li]Does the CE version allow you to remove ‘powered by OXID’ (or its equivalent) from the Admin and storefront?
[/li][/ol]

Sorry to ask so much, especially as I can only afford to use the os version right now.:o

Thank you in advance
:slight_smile:

1. Don’t have problems
  2. Here in the forum are people who have it… but wamp, listen for me like a local testserver. You can download a complete virtual-maschine with all what you need for testing. So your enviroment is more close to a real system.
  3. In german no problems, in english sometimes you need push your thread. But this will change if more english speakers are here. - Youre welcome.
  4. You mean the backend? - Not really. You can disable parts in admin, but if he now oxid well, he find a way to access disable parts… or you need the EE-version.
  5. Yes, but in the HTML-source is a copyright notice (hidden) this not.