Payment and Basket: a logical mistake ?

hi there,

i am wondering why all payment modules are placed between step 4 and 5 ??
i don´t really understand this logic. the order is made by completing the last
step and NOT with making a payment before i enter into the last step of the basket.
so at the moment: i make the payment, and then get the final result page, that is absolutly
not logical and against all contracts between shop-owner and buyer. is there any way
to treat the oxid-shop to make the payment AFTER the last step ??? because this the only thing that make sense.

i heard a lot about problems when going back from paypal payment to the shop, but who says that “going back to the shop after the paypal-payment” is a “must” for a clean transaction ???

is anybody out here who modified his oxidshop in this way that payments are made AFTER the last final step ???

thank you!
micha

Hi micha,

that is absolutly not logical and against all contracts between shop-owner and buyer

Why would you know that? Is there anything you can provide like a written rule? :wink:

BTW: We talk about the PayPal module behaviour, right? Which one do you mean?

Regards

[QUOTE=Marco Steinhaeuser;44226]Hi micha,
Why would you know that? Is there anything you can provide like a written rule? :wink:
BTW: We talk about the PayPal module behaviour, right? Which one do you mean?
Regards[/QUOTE]

what has payment to do with buying something ? nothing. i don´t have to be a lawyer to know that and i am sure you agree :wink: so a buy is done when i get the final result page that tells me “Perfect, you did it!” - but what happens, before i see this page, before i get the final email and so on… i am redirected to a payment provider… and there i make the payment…
and then i close my browser or what ever… is this the usual process of buying ? not really.

first i should get the final result, that my buy was successful - then i should be redirected to the payment provider - because when the payment does fail… it has nothing todo with my buy… buy is buy and payment is payment… a contract comes out with the buy not with the payment… so if the payment fails… is the buy canceled ?? NO, it is not !

at the moment a buy is not possible, if the payment failes, or am i wrong with this ?

i was speaking about paypal, because at the moment i am searching for paypal module that is able to handle the payment after the last final step. yes i know, there is efire, but customer want´s a solution without it.

so do you understand now ?

Hi Micha,

so do you understand now ?

Of course I do :slight_smile: Although I cannot share your opinion.

Anyway, if you don’t use the OXID eFire extension, you obviously went for the aggrosoft module. Shall we maybe better ask the aggrosoft guys?

Regards

[QUOTE=Marco Steinhaeuser;44233]Hi Micha,
Of course I do :slight_smile: Although I cannot share your opinion.
Anyway, if you don’t use the OXID eFire extension, you obviously went for the aggrosoft module. Shall we maybe better ask the aggrosoft guys?
Regards[/QUOTE]

so what is your opinion ? a buy is only a buy if the payment is made ? let me know,
i am very interested in that :wink: and yes, if you think aggrosoft is able to handle this, we can ask :wink: but the main problem is, all other modules out there are not handling the payment after the last final step (as far as i know!), in my eyes this is a oxid thing at the moment because oxid makes the framework for the basket steps…
and it seems like oxid believes that the payment has to be done before the last final step
is made, and this is - just with the eyes of the law - nonesense, sorry.

did you ever buy something at ebay, amazon ? :wink: try to make the payment here BEFORE you get the message: “Thank you for your buy!” , try it :wink:

Hi michabbb,

i think your idea here ist very very ebay driven.

You are here in a shop. The first thing is, you have your AGB and can define there when a buy is final … In a Shop it is common that you can deliver the things you sold, you dont bid for it.

I think its a bad idea to let the buyers buy after they get the success message. For the contract it is evident, that the customer has to agreement how to pay. So let the people fill out everything that is needed for the order before you say it is successful. You will charge them only if they pass to step 5, success.
In you case you say: First: Very good, you have send us an order successfully. Then the customer leaves and you realise: Ok, we have a contract, BUT there are details missing. Please do the Payment that you have forgotten.

Try it, i think you will come back to the standart very very fast. And please dont ask to make it an standard feature, its not good.

CYA

is see most problems in making a payment between the first and the last step, where the payment modul is waiting for a come-back to the shop after payment… if this redirect fails, the user will not see the final result confirmation, but already made his payment, this, and exactly this is the thing that makes me stomachache ;(

Hi michaelbbb,

And please dont ask to make it an standard feature, its not good.

I think firefax is right. If you want to have a behaviour like this, feel free to change it for your specific project.

Regards