Successful PayPal efire integration

Hi,

I was wondering how a successful PayPal Express efire integration in oxid eshop looks like.

Any chance of an online demo (screenshots?) of the correct 5 checkout steps ?

I am having doubts about my paypal integration. :?

Many thanks,
Martin

For example i was wondering about the PayPal code in the thankyou.tpl (see Paypal code below)

Some sort popup and login again? And it’s only in german?

<!-- Paypal integration start -->
<div class=“box info”>
<div>
[{if $order->oxorder__oxpaymenttype->value == “oxidpaypal-deact” }]
<br><br><br>
Sie haben als Zahlungsart “PayPal” gewählt.<br>
Es wird sich nun ein neues Browserfenster öffnen, wo Sie Ihre erforderlichen Daten für eine Bezahlung mit “PayPal” eingeben können.<br><br>
Sollte sich kein Fenster öffnen, -z.B. wenn Sie Javascript deaktiviert haben- klicken Sie Bitte auf das folgende “PayPal”-Symbol,
um das Fenster manuell zu öffnen.
<p>
<form action=“https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr” method=“post” target="_blank" accept-charset=“utf-8”>
<input type=“hidden” name=“cmd” value="_ext-enter">
<input type=“hidden” name=“redirect_cmd” value="_xclick">
<input type=“hidden” name=“business” value="[{$paypal_mail}]">
<input type=“hidden” name=“item_name” value="[{$paypal_name}]">
<input type=“hidden” name=“currency_code” value="[{ $order->oxorder__oxcurrency->value }]">
<input type=“hidden” name=“amount” value=’[{$paypal_price|string_format:"%.2f"}]’>
<input type=“hidden” name=“handling” value="[{ $basket->dAddPaymentSum|string_format:"%.2f"}]">
<input type=“hidden” name=“shipping” value="[{ $basket->ddeliverycost|string_format:"%.2f" }]">
[{if $paypal_force_vat }]
<input type=“hidden” name=“tax” value="[{ $paypal_vat }]">
[{/if}]
<input type=“hidden” name=“email” value="[{$oxcmp_user->oxuser__oxusername->value }]">
<input type=“hidden” name=“first_name” value="[{$oxcmp_user->oxuser__oxfname->value }]">
<input type=“hidden” name=“last_name” value="[{$oxcmp_user->oxuser__oxlname->value }]">
<input type=“hidden” name=“address1” value="[{$oxcmp_user->oxuser__oxstreet->value }]">
<input type=“hidden” name=“zip” value="[{$oxcmp_user->oxuser__oxzip->value }]">
<input type=“hidden” name=“city” value="[{$oxcmp_user->oxuser__oxcity->value }]">
<input type=“hidden” name=“forencoding” value=“ą”>
<input type=“hidden” name=“charset” value=“utf-8”>
<input type=“image” src=“https://www.paypal.com/en_US/i/btn/x-click-but01.gif” name=“submit” alt=“Make payments with PayPal - it’s fast, free and secure!” onload=“this.form.submit()”>
</form>
</p>
[{/if}]
</div>
</div>
<!-- Paypal integration end -->

Hi Martin,

I guess your shop is based in the UK. Is that right?

Marco Steinhäuser
Community Guide
OXID eSales AG

Yes indeed (-:

In which way is this effecting the PayPal checkout process?

Can i make changes for the UK?

Thanks in advance.

Martin

Actually, the eFire application is available and useful for Germany, Switzerland and Austria firstly, especially because of the price comparison portals which differ from region.

Just another question: Which shop version do you run? I could not find any “paypal” in my thankyou.tpl in Version 4.0.1.0-15990 :frowning:

Cheers

Marco Steinhäuser
Community Guide
OXID eSales AG

I am still using the older version OXID_CE_4.0.0.2_14967.

The PayPal code for the thankyou.tpl is actually from the efire “mod_paypal_ce_4.0.0.1” package.

Has someone actually tested the PayPal efire integration from the UK? Am I the first one trying this?

Many thanks,

Martin

Yes, I am afraid.

BUT: Let’s see if we get it working anyway. IMO, the language is handed over to Paypal so Paypal shall come up in English. It’s pretty easy to translate the stuff that still remains in templates in German:

<br><br><br>
Sie haben als Zahlungsart “PayPal” gewählt.<br>
Es wird sich nun ein neues Browserfenster öffnen, wo Sie Ihre erforderlichen Daten für eine Bezahlung mit “PayPal” eingeben können.<br><br>
Sollte sich kein Fenster öffnen, -z.B. wenn Sie Javascript deaktiviert haben- klicken Sie Bitte auf das folgende “PayPal”-Symbol,
um das Fenster manuell zu öffnen.
<p>

&lt;br&gt;&lt;br&gt;&lt;br&gt;
      You have chosen "PayPal" as your preferred payment language&lt;br&gt;
      A new window shall appear where you can enter the needed data for payment with PayPal.&lt;br&gt;&lt;br&gt;
      If no window appears (maybe you deactivated Javascript) please click the following PayPal sign to open it manually.
      &lt;p&gt;

Regards

Marco Steinhäuser
Community Guide
OXID eSales AG

Hi Marco,

Thanks for your help.

The thing is, that I do not have this popup message at all ):

When does this occur? Is it in the Step 1 area when you click on the express button? Or is it in Step 3?

It would be great to see an online demo/screenshots or even a reference shop how you guys wanted to have this work with PayPal&efire.

Many thanks,

Martin

Hi Martin,

sure. I asked Martina and she agreed:

Take care you dont buy something, accept you knit :smiley:

Cheers

Marco Steinhäuser
Community Guide
OXID eSales AG

Hi Marco&Martina,

Thanks for letting me test your site (-:

So it’s basically the complete Express Checkout Flow, please see here also:

But still, there was no pop-up message like described in the thankyou.tpl or i have missed it.

Maybe the pop-up only works on IE?

Anyway, it’s not really bothering me (-:

MAny thanks again,

MArtin

http://www.esales-international.com/oxid.php/sid/0893b1df596812b6277e63c6fb4aeabf/cl/details/anid/b5b4439d5f0369e60.59625771/listtype/search

check this

Grüße
Martina

www.bastelundhobbykiste.de www.kreative-buecher.de

Whatever a popup window is called … :slight_smile:

Anyway - in case of any probs get back to this thread. I am interested if it works out.

Regards

Marco Steinhäuser
Community Guide
OXID eSales AG

We just trying the same, i.e. intergrate PP with an UK PP account. Shop version is 4.0.1.0 and everyting looks goods (apart from a few glitches in the templates and some images are still in German). Shop is connected to eFire via the Shopconnector and the PP API information have been stored. PP is enabled as an Payment Option and the Express Checkout comes up in the basket. BUT if a customer (logged in or not) click on it a white page is returned. The Apache error log reveals the following:

[Fri Mar 27 11:17:26 2009] [notice] Apache/2.2.10 (Linux/SUSE) mod_ssl/2.2.10 OpenSSL/0.9.8e PHP/5.2.6 with Suhosin-Patch configured – resuming normal operations[Fri Mar 27 11:19:04 2009] [error] [client 82.141.237.90] PHP Fatal error: Class ‘SoapClient’ not found in /srv/www/htdocs/vhosts/xxxxx/modules/efi_paypal/efi_paypal_caller_service.php on line 768, referer: http://www.xxxxx.com/index.php?

BTW: Curl and OpenSSL are installed.

Any ideas?

-. Rico

Looks like the php soap module is need - which is of course mentioned anywhere nor checked. Thanks to the author of the following article: http://www.oxid-esales.com/en/resources/forum/oxid-efire/paypal-templates-0.

Will check this out later and will post the results here.

-.> Rico

So, fixed the soap client issue and next to the next issue. Clicking on the PP Express Checkout button in the basket doesn’t do anyting. Apache error log contains the following:

[Fri Mar 27 16:25:02 2009] [error] [client 82.141.xxx.90] PHP Warning: SoapClient::SoapClient(): I/O warning : failed to load external entity “https://soap.oxid-efire.com/wsdl/” in /srv/www/htdocs/vhosts/xxxx/modules/efi_paypal/efi_paypal_caller_service.php on line 774, referer: http://www.xxxx.com/index.php?cl=basket&

Any advise welcome.

-.> Rico

Hi Rico,

have a look at your server if eitherallow_url_fopen or fsockopento port 80 is given.

Marco Steinhäuser
Community Guide
OXID eSales AG

Thanks Marco. Found the problem - OpenSSL was installed but the php-ssl module wasn’t. The good news is that I can confirm that PP works with an UK/IRE business account against eFire. I had to make some modification in terms of translations and what images are being displayed as the Module is not Multilingual but it is working fine now, i.e. Express Checkout and Normal Checkout.

-.> Rico

Thanks for your feed back. I am pretty glad that it works over there :slight_smile:

Cheers

Marco Steinhäuser
Community Guide
OXID eSales AG

Hi ,

I am new to the forum and finding link to download mod_paypal_ce_4.0.0.1.

but i am not able to find it anywhere, so can you please tell me from when i can download this.

Thanks in advance,

Jignesh

ok…I managed to fight through eFire, or perhaps something was changed since last time I tried, but I managed to register with eFire.

No, there still isn’t an option to select “Taiwan” as a country, so I chose a dummy country.

Now, I am trying to get the eFire to talk to my OXID eSales installation, but I get this error:

Falscher Admin-User und/oder Passwort. Bitte überprüfen Sie die Daten für ‘‘Admin-User’’ und ‘‘Passwort’’, die Sie unter ‘‘Shop-Datenimport’’ eingegeben haben.

Weitere mögliche Fehlerquellen sind im OXID eFire Handbuch gelistet.

Sollte auch hier keine funktionierende Lösung beschrieben sein, wenden Sie sich bitte an den OXID eFire Support. Bitte nutzen Sie dafür das Kontaktformular.

The admin user and password are definitively correct and oxefi.php is installed. But since I truly cannot speak German, I cannot refer to the manual to figure out what else needs to be done.

Thus, please help.

If I can get this to work I would be very happy and then you would have two people outside of the German speaking world that got this to work.

V.