Transferring oxid to a new server

Hello there,

We are using oxid eshop professional, version 3.0.3.2

We are moving server.

When we move the files and database, will we be able to test the shop in advance of the domain name transferring across to it?

Thank you.

Hi banner,

although I am too young in the project to know a 3.0.3.2, I think to know that you can just move your files and your database to any webserver position you want. Just adapt the config.inc.php and clear the /tmp/ folder.

Regards

[QUOTE=Marco Steinhaeuser;45482]Hi banner,

although I am too young in the project to know a 3.0.3.2, I think to know that you can just move your files and your database to any webserver position you want. Just adapt the config.inc.php and clear the /tmp/ folder.

Regards[/QUOTE]

Thanks for that Marco - appreciated!

two problems seem to have arisen - in the shopping cart, only the last product is being charged in the grand total (so if there are two products, the first one and second one appears in the View Cart but only the last one’s price is appearing in the total at the end of view cart.

The second problem is that the user is getting the error message ‘no shipping carrier found’, when entering in a new address - be that a billing or new shipping address.

Also - PHP5 is running on the server, is there any workaround this with this version?

Many thanks for your help.

What is involved with upgrading the shop to the latest version?
Or indeed changing from Professional version 3.0.3.2 to the latest Community version?
Any help greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Hi banner,

AFAIK, version 3.0.3.2 wouldn’t work with PHP > 5. Probably, you have to expect strange behaviour like you see in your case. If you want to update your PE version to the latest one, a support contract is needed. There’s no cross-update script provided for updating vom an older PE to CE.

Regards

Thanks Marco for your reply.

Would it make sense to set up a CE version and then would it be possible to easily import data and templates from PE 3.0.3.2?

Also - are there any companies who would still host an oxid shop version 3.0.3.2 on php4?

Even if it were for a couple of months while a new CE version was being installed and customised?

Many thanks.

[QUOTE=banner;45960]
Even if it were for a couple of months while a new CE version was being installed and customised?
[/QUOTE]

You should rather ask for an update script vom PE3 to PE4. This should be available? But to “downgrade” to a CE may not be supported, i think.

The advantage is, that you can keep your customisations you made in the CE4 und switch them to an PE, this should be no problem. And a PE should be cheaper than to make the customisations again in an out-dated shop.

CYA

Hi,

I know that Profihost still provides PHP4 but actually nobody can say for how long. PHP4 is not longer supported by the manufacturers. If there will be e.g. security issues in this version it may happen quickly that no single hosting provider will use it any more. = time bomb if you run business sensitive software…

I know that several partners are experienced in upgrading your system resp. porting your data to whatever you want. So this is probably the best choice.

Regards