Recovering Admin Password

I can login as Admin but when I click any menu sub-option (Master Settings->Core Settings, Admin Users->Users, Customer Info->CMS pages, etc…) it reverts back to Admin login. :confused:

Used the Forgot PW, changed it, and tried Admin login again. Some crazy loop…it goes back to Admin login.

How is it possible that the Username + PW gets me into Admin Control (at least the main page) but when I click any menu option it goes right back to Admin Login.

I have FTP and Cpanel access (it’s my site…)

Thank you.

Hi,

has nothing to do with the lost password function: You are losing the session while working with the admin panel.
Have you tried ditching your temporary files and all cookies of your browser? Have you tried to work with another browser? Have you tried to work on a different local machine?

Regards

Emptied /tmp
Cleaned cache
Checked on IE, Firefox, Chrome

but it works on the laptop…so it seems it’s a PC issue.
I apologize. I should have checked the laptop first.

Thank you for taking the time with such a minor point.
(OXID: a strong product with strong support)

Hi,

I had the same issue a while ago on my PC and I nearly freaked out because I couldn’t find it. After a while, it pointed out that it was an issue in my Windows Profile. Once I cleared the complete profile, everything worked again. Don’t ask me for further details… no idea where it was stored.

Hey, must be nearly the new day over there! Don’t you have to sleep?

Regards

Got up at 5am…(it’s 7:30am now)

I have a 2yr old son…this is the only time to get things done without him sitting on my lap wanting to ‘help’ papa play with the keyboard…

I’ll check the profile issue.

Hava good day then and say cheers to your puppy :wink:

Similar problem has returned. :o

(and actually recreated it in the demo).
Demo recreation:

1. Log into Admin. Enable Private Sales.
  2. Open eShop in another tab or browser window to confirm Private Sales Login is set
  3. In Admin click Look&Feel…

I’ve been using Look&Feel for about 1hr without issue then suddenly it logs me out and defaults to the private shop login (not Admin). All other Admin menu options are fine and Admin login works, but when Look&Feel is clicked the color palette displays then the private shop login appears.

Checked on 2 computers, using Firefox, Chrome and IE.
Cleaned cache, and emptied [B]/tmp/[/B].
Even rechecked cookie storage and other settings on PC and laptop.

I’d be happy to PM the Admin login ID/PW so you can see for yourself…just in case you think I’m nuts. :slight_smile:

Thanks.

Hi,

could reproduce it as well thanks to your precise description:
If the shop is in private sales mode, it redirects from admin --> look & feel to the store front.

Would you like to enter it to the bugtracker by yourself? (Sorry, you had to register again…)
https://bugs.oxid-esales.com/

Regards

No problem…will report the bug.

Do I get a free copy of PE for each bug found? :smiley:

Thanks mate.
Sure. As true as I get 10 EURs per blog post and 50 ct. per forum post :smiley:

Regards