How different shipping address works?

Hi,

I am using some third party shipping addresses via webservice and I disable the “Add another shipping address” at checkout step 2, but I want to update oxaddress table only after someone choose any shipping method(checkout step 3).

I have all the required data for the shipping address, so I want to enter “Different shipping address” automatically any when any shipping method chosen.

Can anybody tell me how the OXID generated in oxaddress?

May I insert any 32 character string in that?

Cheers!!!

Hi Jeyush,

May I insert any 32 character string in that?

It doesn’t even have to be 32 chars as long as they are unique.

I am interested in that third party shipping addresses. How does it work? What is the purpose? Any closer information to it?

Regards

I guess this.
http://docu.oxid-esales.com/CE/sourcecodedocumentation/4.4.5.31315/oxutilsobject_8php_source.html#l00213

Hi Marco,

Thanks for quick reply men.

It is basically a site where articles have some shipping address, we turn off the shipping addresses fields what OXID offered us, but it automatically entered when any user choose any shipping method. We have a web-service which called shipping related info from “www.bussgods.se”.

Cheers!!

Can anybody tell me how to update table row?

Hi Jeyush,

unfortunately, my Swedish is not good enough to understand what exactly they do at bussgods.se. As far as I understand it, bussgods checks for the validity of the address, is that right?
For example if somebody has a typo in his street name or mixes up the number in the zip code, the webservice will help to check it, is that right?

Regards

unfortunately, my Swedish is not good enough to understand what exactly they do at bussgods.se. As far as I understand it, bussgods checks for the validity of the address, is that right?

Yes

For example if somebody has a typo in his street name or mixes up the number in the zip code, the webservice will help to check it, is that right?

Not sure

Can anyone know how to insert shipping - delivery address after checkout step 3 (after selecting shipping)?

I have all the data regarding shipping but I inserted that data into DB but every time it creates new row. If I want to update that existing shipping address then, what should I do?

You can save my time, please.

Hi Jeyush,

sorry, doesn’t make it easy if you are not sure. Actually, if a purchaser inserts an address with a typo, he shouldn’t be corrected automatically without the chance to correct his input. The automatically corrected address shall appear as a proposal, so writing directly to the database is a no-no, isn’t it?

Regards

Hi Marco,

Yes that’s right what you saying. But what we need is, the site doesn’t allow user to enter shipping address. We provide list of addresses with company, method and addresses of the shipping to the customer. And from bussgods it is purely ‘corrected’ (I think so). So customer wants to be with that address then we are free. What you say?

And I cracked it what I was looking. :slight_smile:

Hi Jeyush,

as far as I understood it, you wrote kind of an interface to bussgods.se, right? Would you like to publish it on OXID eXchange or on projects.oxidforge.org for other users? Maybe bussgods is interested in this kind of module/plugin?

Regards

Sure why not, but I have to consult with my company first. Thanks for your suggestion.

[QUOTE=Jeyush;45991]Sure why not, but I have to consult with my company first. Thanks for your suggestion.[/QUOTE]
Sure. Take your time. And head back to me in case of any requests on this topic.

Regards

Thanks for your words!